Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Hello all and sorry for my not so good english, but i hope you will understand :smileyhappy:

I have a laptop HP ProBook 4730s with switchable graphics. I can't get the CCC to run, so im stuck on intel HD graphics. I have had same problems with CCC but i have always manage to solve them (reinstall drivers/windows etc.), but not now.

Things i have done so far:

- Completly formatted :C partition on my HDD and installed new windows 7 on it

- Deleted all previous drivers with AMD uninstaller, driver sweeper, repaired and cleaned register with CCleaner

- Updated BIOS to latest version

- Installed beta drivers for ATI

- Tried to disable INTEL graphics in device manager, disable switchable graphics in BIOS

The CCC sometimes won't even start (it's in task manager under processes), sometimes give me the CCC,CLI or MOM error. If i disable switchable graphics in bios, i end up in VGA mode (weird resolution), if i disable ATI or INTEL in device manager i also end up with weird resolution...

My computer specs are:

Intel i5 (2.4 gHz)

700gb HDD

4GB of RAM

intel HD graphics and AMD Radeon HD 6490M 1GB

Windows 7 enterprise (64-bit)

P.S. This thread has been moved from  Desktops and Workstations > Business PCs - Compaq, Elite, Pro to Notebook - HP ProBook, EliteBook, Compaq, Slate/Tablet PC, Armada, LTE. -Hp forum moderator

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

If you reinstalled Windows 7 from scratch, then you might be missing specific drivers that HP has certified to work with your laptop. I encourage you to use HP Softpaq Download Manager (www.hp.com/go/sdm) and use it to install all updates it tells you to do.

CAVEAT: Only install BIOS update (must be installed as a separate step from anything else) and hardware drivers for your model. I would not install anything else unless you absolutely need it. Check back in and let us know if the problem still appears. If it does, you may need to open an HP Support case

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
HP Recommended

i have installed HP Softpaq Download Manager, what now? if i want to search for drivers that are needed the program replays: This computer configuration has no available SoftPaqs. please verify your operating sistem and language filter settings (tools->configuration options).

I have manually set to Windows 7 enterprise 64-bit and language to English.

If i click "check for updates" the same message appears, the only thing working is: Find available SoftPaqs. Than on the right i get a list of (i think) drivers. Some of them are critical, recommended and routine. I select those that are critical and than what? how do i download them? i can't find the download option?! oh, and thanks for response

HP Recommended

ahhh, i found the downlaod button... trying them now, will response back

HP Recommended

it's not working for me... installed drivers over the old ones didn't fix nothing, completly deleted all ATI drivers and folders and than install new ones, didn't fix nothing... im getting MOM,CLL,CCC errors when trying to open catalyst control center. So im stuck on intel graphics :smileysad:

HP Recommended

This may help you, I just had similar problems so will post this link with a solution I found on HP forums and what I did below which solved a problem with my switchable graphics and trying to solve a problem with black video screen in movie maker 2012 or slideshow in the new windows essentials 2012.

It's at the bottom of this page link below:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Display-and-Video-e-g-Windows-8/Switchabe-Graphics-wont-apply-...

and what I did specifically on my Probook based on this link above:

I right clicked on desktop selected Graphic Properties.
    Selected Preferences at top right corner and checked Advanced View.
    Selected Power option on side tab.
    Drop down tab "Switchable Graphics Method".

Click on Select the graphics processor manually. Click Apply.

It now works in movie maker 2012. I have pictures in video. No More Black Screen and I believe this is good setting for high gaming type issues also.

Hope this helps someone else as well

HP Recommended

ty for the response!!! I know what should i do in the catalyst, but the problem is i cant even start the catalyst... Sometimes i get CCC, MOM, CLI error or the catalyst wont even start (double click on it or as u said:I right clicked on desktop selected Graphic Properties... The computer is doing something (trying to load catalyst) but than nothing happens...). I can se the catalyst running in windows task manager!

http://shrani.si/f/4/Je/2DKLbJje/hp-slika.png

And yea, HP guys it would be nice if you respond to help me fix the problem.......

HP Recommended

Yea... i had the same problem... Make sure you boot into bios and make sure switchable graphics is checked/ turned on. I Had the same problem

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.