03-31-2017 07:05 PM
How do I use a shortcut to change the light intensity on my screen?
I just got a HP EliteBook 840 G3 14"
For volume/sound its fn+f8/f9 but i cant seem to make that work for the light? (f5/f6) Is there a setting somewhere??
Idealy I would love to not have to press function first. Simply have the settings as a mac - straight pressing f8/f9 you are adjusting the volume and pressing f5/f6 you are adjusting the light strenght on your screen,, Is it possible, is there settings for this?
Thank you for any advice )
04-23-2017 12:02 AM
If you are using Windows 10 and the Screen Brightness buttons are not functioning, it might be a driver update needed.
As for disabling the Fn key, that would be done in the Bios if its available.
I don't have an Elitebook so Im shooting in the dark here.
According to the Bios Manual, it might be located under Advanced>System Options.
In Consumer type notebooks, its under System Configuration>Action keys.
If its not there, your setup might not have the option to turn that key off.
- HP PCs - Changing the Default Apps (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Using the TouchPad or ClickPad (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- HP Business PCs and Tablets - Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs, Tablets and Accessories - Using USB Type-C to Transfer Power and Data