Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have HP DV6 7040tx... i updated the synaptics touchpad driver. but on startup of the computer i cannot use multitouch, scroll etc. if i need to d that i need to open the synapticsdriver from control panel and then close it to use the functions of touchpad.. the synaptics does not start on startup and i dont find the synaptics icon in the right side of thr taskbar on startup plz help me

HP Recommended
i too installed the synapic drivers for my hp pavillion g4 2049tx laptop,, but still my touchpad doesnt support it, i uninstalled and reinstalled them again and again but nothing happens,, please help??
HP Recommended
Go into device manager and uninstall the driver for the touch pad. At the top of device manager, on the tool bar, select "scan for hardware changes". After it finishes, reboot the computer. Let me know if that works for you.
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended

I reinstalled the latest Driver software again, and rebooted the System. Now everything is fine:smileyhappy: It worked for me. Thanks Anyway..

HP Recommended
Hope everything continues to work for you! If you have any more issues, post back in here and let me know.
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended

IF you light is on, 

Windows key

type mouse in the search box

hit enter

the mouse control panel will appear

hit tab till you get till you get to the buttons tab

use the right arrow to get to the last tab  Device settings

Tab again to devices window ,  one line will hilite blue press ALT key and e

arrow up to the other line alt e again

Enabled should both be yes

tab to OK and hit enter

Light will go out

and the pad will resume activity

HP Recommended

Hey thank you after almost a year and countless attempts to get this fixed your solution worked.

Thanks So Much

HP Recommended

I did all of that and mine is not giving me anything highlighted under the device manager. 😞 I uninstalled and reinstalled the program, but still nothing. Any other ideas. It just stopped working one day and I don't know why. The computer has been well taken care of.

HP Recommended
my mouse pad is still not working.
HP Recommended

again if the light is on try this too

gently double tap the light

tap tap right on the light

if you get it right it will go out

You are not squashing an ant

A very light double tap is all that is required.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.