Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

I have a HP Spectre 360 i7, 16gb ram with 1TB Ram - I have purchased two Display Link adapters that provides HDMI, VGA, Ethernet and Two USB ports with a 'C' type connector.  On pluging in the unit, it finds the HDMI and Ethernet but does not link the USB - I am having the same issue with both adapters.  Any thoughts?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Lambethlad

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

As I understand the USB isn't working with the Display Link adapters,

I recommend you try with an alternate device, apart from the two adapters to confirm the issue or the cause of the failure, for details about the USB Type-C port:

USB Type-C is a smaller, reversible USB connector that can transmit data, video, audio, data (USB 3.1) as well as provide charging power to many devices (USB Power Delivery or PD).

USB Type-C video modes (alternate mode): USB Type-C ports support adapters that can output different types of video such as HDMI, VGA, and DisplayPort, all from one USB type-C port on your computer or device.

USB Type-C power delivery (USB PD): USB Type-C power delivery is bi-directional, so a device can either send or receive power. This power can be transferred at the same time the device is transmitting data across the connection.

For more information about USB Type-C see http://www.usb.org/developers/usbtypec/.

For using USB Type-C to Transfer Power and Data: Click here

Let me know how that pans out, 

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Lambethlad

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

As I understand the USB isn't working with the Display Link adapters,

I recommend you try with an alternate device, apart from the two adapters to confirm the issue or the cause of the failure, for details about the USB Type-C port:

USB Type-C is a smaller, reversible USB connector that can transmit data, video, audio, data (USB 3.1) as well as provide charging power to many devices (USB Power Delivery or PD).

USB Type-C video modes (alternate mode): USB Type-C ports support adapters that can output different types of video such as HDMI, VGA, and DisplayPort, all from one USB type-C port on your computer or device.

USB Type-C power delivery (USB PD): USB Type-C power delivery is bi-directional, so a device can either send or receive power. This power can be transferred at the same time the device is transmitting data across the connection.

For more information about USB Type-C see http://www.usb.org/developers/usbtypec/.

For using USB Type-C to Transfer Power and Data: Click here

Let me know how that pans out, 

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi @riddle_decipher - Apologies for the lack of response, I have been otherwise engaged ... Firstly apologies for the direct email previously, unitentional ... but thanks for the direction.

Secondly, thanks for your direction on type of USB ports, tracked mine down and got them working correctly - badly installed driver, not sure why this was only the USB's not working but resolved non the less.  Thanks

John

HP Recommended

@Lambethlad

Thank you for the update,

And the pleasure was all mine.

I'm glad you found the solution you were looking for.

Thanks for taking the time to let the community know about the solution

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.

I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉

To simply say thanks for my efforts to assist you, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos.

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.