Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion G6
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Dear HP community:

Hello, and a pleasant day.

I am having trouble determining what series is my HP Pavilion G6.

Viewing the BIOS, my Product number is: A1Z40EA#ABZ.

And using this Product number this website give me the model:  HP Pavilion g6-1267sl Notebook PC

I wonder what series this model belongs to, is it 1000 series? 1200?

The reason for this is because I want to purcahse certain parts in this laptop (the lid, and the palm-rest)

Please advise. 

Warm regards,

Mark

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

It is a G6-1000 series notebook.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

It is a G6-1000 series notebook.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Dear Erico:

Hello.  I would like to say thank you for this information.

One last question though, does HP "allow" customer to buy new parts, but I am not talking about the hardware, I am talking about the "body" of the laptop for this model (example the lid cover i.e. tha shiny back of the LCD, the palm-rest, the bottom case, etc.).

My unit (actually was given by a close cousin) is out of warranty and I hate those nasty scratches on the lid and in the palm rest, totally a mess.  

I found so many of these in eBay, but there are all considered as "used." (that is, it was taken off to other laptop of the same model/ series).

Or should I rather repaint (job) them?  But I don't have the guts to do so.

Please advise.

Warm regards,

Mark

HP Recommended

Sure. You can purchase the parts from HP via Partsurfer or a vendor online. 

If a notebook is three years or more past the present generation of notebooks the parts may be difficult to find.

You can use the Service & Maintenence guide to  find the part numbers.

You can also use HP's Partsurfer to find part number information specific to your notebook's serial number.

http://partsurfer.hp.com/

HP Recommended

Dear Erico:

Thank you again for the information.  I lived in the Philippines so I think this buying of "spare parts" would really take some time, and I think this scenario is very uncommon to HP (I mean buying of the chasis instead og the "electronic" parts).

As my last question, I would like to know if the top lid (the shiny "back" of the LCD of the laptop), and the chasis as well, are they made of "special plastic"?  Or just plastic?  I know it is not made of metal, because it would add so much weight to the laptop, but I am not sure too if it is plastic, is it the paint the make the glossy/shiny effect?

Thank you again and more power.

Respectfully Yours,

Mark

HP Recommended

@MarkSquall wrote:

Dear Erico:

Thank you again for the information.  I lived in the Philippines so I think this buying of "spare parts" would really take some time, and I think this scenario is very uncommon to HP (I mean buying of the chasis instead og the "electronic" parts).

As my last question, I would like to know if the top lid (the shiny "back" of the LCD of the laptop), and the chasis as well, are they made of "special plastic"?  Or just plastic?  I know it is not made of metal, because it would add so much weight to the laptop, but I am not sure too if it is plastic, is it the paint the make the glossy/shiny effect?

Thank you again and more power.

Respectfully Yours,

Mark

I would have no idea as to what specific material the enclosure of the display is made of.  You can probably find that information in the Maintenence & Service guide.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.