Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
elitebook 8460p nootbook

I'm trying to update my computer to windows 10 and it says I need to remove "HP protect tools security Manager".I first had to remove other programs but now I can't remove the last program "HP protect tools Device Access Manager" a window pops up saying you need to be an administrator which I am on my computer. help please

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Try this than you get an other account with full admin wrights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NiTNj1pm2o

easy done and you can uninstall everything, than you should enable that account when you are finished 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Try this than you get an other account with full admin wrights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NiTNj1pm2o

easy done and you can uninstall everything, than you should enable that account when you are finished 

HP Recommended

This is all great but when we have installed Windows 10, there are no options to re-install Security Manager and get back the password and finger-print reader functions - I miss them in Windowes 10.

Any ideas?

I did install windows 7 security manager onto windows 10 - it worked at first until windos 10 did an upgrade.

What is the difference between windows 10 drivers and those from W7, W8 or W8.1?

Is it dangerous to install and use these?

I'm using W8.1 Scanner drivers OK in W10!

Can anyone answer the W10 driver question?

HP Recommended

i've managed to uninstall hp protect toos. however in doing so, i had to uninstall hp credential manager among some others. the problem is after uninstalling all of those, hp credential manager is still somehow on the computer causing problems. it is no longer in my programs list and i've tried to run the msi command for uninstalling it and the computer says it's been uninstalled. i want it ALL gone. how can i do this?

HP Recommended

It looks like this is finally fixed. Download and install HP Client Security Manager (SP74933). 

Worked for me.

Make a great day.

Roger

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.