03-20-2017 12:35 PM
My notebook USB ports remain powered up when I put the computer into hibernate...
I often keep my laptop connected to peripheral devices and it's a PITA to have to disconnect all those usb devices after hibernating the computer...and then reconnect them all when I need the computer again... (in my audio recording studio)...
Is there any way to tell the computer to POWER DOWN ALL USB devices when the computer is put into hibernate mode?
03-20-2017 12:40 PM
PS: I AM NOT a "student"!
I have over 50 years of experience building, consulting and programming computers, including (alas) well over 20 years of experience with Windoze...
I don't know why that's under my screen name nor where to change that...
03-21-2017 09:53 AM
Check in the BIOS for a setting such as this
USB Charging Port Function
Disable the setting if you don't want charging
- HP PCs - Changing the Default Apps (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Using the TouchPad or ClickPad (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- HP Business PCs and Tablets - Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs, Tablets and Accessories - Using USB Type-C to Transfer Power and Data