Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
folio 1040 g2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

goodmorning,

this evening i'm going to buy a used hp folio 1040 g2 ( i7, 8gb ram, 256gb ssd) for a price of €550. From the serial number that the reseller gave me, the pc has still one month of warranty and he said that he bought it just eleven months ago. Since the new pc costs more than €1500 i was wondering if there could be something that i should control better. Is the serial number the only thing i need? Is it possible that the computer is from a corporate (since it's a business pc...) and would it be a problem?

looking forward for some advice,

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I would thoroughly check out its functioning but at that price it is a bargain, literally a steal. There are a lot of people who do make a business of selling used laptops but they are generally at least 2-3 years old not current models. Businesses get rid of them for vey little money at the end of a lease.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

That price is suspicious. Lots of stolen laptops out there. Do you know the seller? A search of the serial number on HP will tell you the warranty status but that's it. Will not tell you if it is "hot". 

HP Recommended

i don't know him but searching on google is mobile phone number i found out that he usually sells a lot of used laptobs (and they are all business ones). When i asked him for an explanation he told me that he does it as a job. I don't know if this reselling of used business laptops is a quite normal thing (maybe from bankrumpt companies). So should i buy it or not in your opinion?

thanks

HP Recommended

I would thoroughly check out its functioning but at that price it is a bargain, literally a steal. There are a lot of people who do make a business of selling used laptops but they are generally at least 2-3 years old not current models. Businesses get rid of them for vey little money at the end of a lease.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.