Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Workstation xw8600
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hello,  i am using 2 workstation xw 8600 at my office and both PCs are with different speed processor but both running intel Xeon WS-1 running Xeon 1.87 processor, 4 x 1 GB @ 1,3,5,7 working good and showing installed memorry 4GB no any issue and my WS-2 is running 2.33 Processor, 4x 1GB 1,3,5,7 but this is showing error on startup as 211- Memory warning condition detected slot -3 and also in my computer properties showing installed memory 4GB (1.00 GB useable) what is this issue and how to solve this

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Saroth,

Did this memory problem happen recently?  If yes, try reseating the memory in WS-2 and see if it fixes the problem (also blow out the dust from the computer  😉  if needed). 

Or remove the DIMM from Slot 3 and see if the system boots without an error.  If this works, the DIMM might be defective. 

If you put the memory from WS-1 into WS-2, and the memory from WS-2 into WS-1, does the memory warning condition now happen on WS-1?  If yes, the memory might be defective.  If the failure still happens on WS-1, the motherboard might have problems. 

The reason that your computer properties show an installed memory of 4GB is because it reads the SPD info from the installed DIMMs (and sees 4 x 1GB), but the memory warning locked out use of one or more DIMMs.  That is why you now have less memory usable. 

I am an HP Employee.
My opinions are my own, and do not express those of HP.

Please click "Accept as Solution" if you problem was solved. This helps other forum readers.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.