Question

Student
Message 1 of 4 (7,577 Views)

929-Fatal 927-Fatal Memory scrubbing error-uncorrectable patrol scrub

We have 7 HP Z620 workstations

2 of them are generating the exact same errors.

the other 6 are fine.  The workstations are all about 6 months old. Both machenes have had a new mother board installed and are at the lateest bios version 2.08. Both machienes pass a burn in test of all memory and they pass the windows 7 memory test. 

They will fail when a user is away or when the user is in the midde of some form of work, and have failed while using various kinds of solftware. 

929-Fatal MCA error.

HA error detected CPU0 DIMM slot 1 or 2

Memory read error-DB parity error

927-Fatal Memory error.

Memory error detected CPU 0 DIMM slot 7 or 8

Memory scrubbing error-uncorrectable patrol scrub

Has anyone seen this because HP support is no help, we had a tech onsite who did not have any answers for us.

Student
Message 2 of 4 (7,278 Views)

Re: 929-Fatal 927-Fatal Memory scrubbing error-uncorrectable patrol scrub

You may want to look into a different processor. Try swapping one with a like unit and see if it resolves the issue.

Thank you

Highlighted
Teacher
Message 3 of 4 (7,258 Views)

Please update the Systm BIOS to V3.15 first. When I see the error message, the memory modules seem to be faulty. What did the tech on-site at that time? Please remvoe memory modules in DIMM 1, 2, 7, and 8 slots and move the other modules properly in the slots. If it works then try to add the removed modules. If not, insert only two modules.

Honor Student
Message 4 of 4 (966 Views)

Hello All,

This morning I experienced the same error on a 420z workstation. It had 1 4GB DIMM HP branded RAM installed. I updated the BIOS to the latest version, here is the link: 

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=5225034&swItemId=wk_145137_1&swEnvOid=405...

This didn't help much, but it did change the error screen which initially brought me here. I saw that nobody reall had the solution yet, so I got on the horn with HP, as the machine was still under warranty, she advised that I change the RAM. I pulled the 4GB stick out and replaced it with spares (HP branded), so far the issue is resolved. I am waiting for the warranty RAM to get here now. 

She said that along with the BIOS and MEMORY, a faulty video card might also be the issue. 

Hope this hel

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation