Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended

Our company forbid us to use any USB devices on the PC for some security reasons.So the USB ports on all of the PCs are disconnected.

Now there is  a HP compaq PC,I have to press F1 to let it continue to boot everytime because the motherboard can detect the errors below:

921-Front USB 1 not connected

922-Front USB 2 not connected

and display the message:

F1:boot

We use this PC as a server,it is located far away from my seat,once I need to reboot the system(by remote connection),it will be terrible.

I don't want to get rid of the errors,I just want to find a way to skip pressing F1 step,even though it has detected the two errors.

Can I achieve it by change the BIOS setting?

This is the BIOS setting UI of the PC

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hi:

It depends on what model PC you have.

On my 8000 Elite CMT in the advanced settings menu, you can elect to skip the F1 prompt, and to disable POST messages.

If yours has the same settings, then you should be able to do the same thing.

HP Recommended

Do you mean that "disable POST message" option can let the PC skip pressing F1?

Where is the setting on your PC's BIOS?

I think my PC has the similar option,but I'm not sure,I need to go to my company to confirm it tomorrow.

HP Recommended

Hi:

There are actually two settings.

Enabling the Skip F1 setting means you don't have to press the F1 key to change the configuration settings.

Disable post messages will let you not have to see the USB ports disabled message.

If you let me know the model of the PC you have, I will look up the BIOS setup guide and see if yours has those settings.

Below is the link to the 8000 Elite service manual.

http://bizsupport1.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c01941953/c01941953.pdf

See Chapter 2, page 16 (POST messages (enable/disable), and Bypass F1 Prompt on Configuration Changes (Enable/Disable). Allows you to set the computer not to confirm when changes were made.

HP Recommended

That's weired because I just bought a refurbished HP 8000 Elite CMT from walmart.com and I've been trying to solve this problem all day.  I tried what you posted but it didn't help.  My screen says:  Error 922-Front USB 1 Not Connected.  Here's a screen shot of the message.

Maybe you can help me!

HP Recommended

I have a prodesk 490G1 on which i decided to remove the case fan and front usb panel.

Every POST i get errors 921; 922 & 522.

Setting 'bypass F1 prompt on configuration changes' to enabled does not work.

Neither does updating the BIOS (running v2.15.1236 now).

I hope somebody can provide a solution.

HP Recommended

Solved it by buying another motherboard, never buying HP again. Won't recommend it either.

HP Recommended

You decided to re-engineer a HP business PC "on which i decided to remove the case fan and front usb panel," and it's HP's fault you ended up with POST errors???

You've got to be kidding me!

Get a grip!!!

HP Recommended

If they can't get their BIOS to do what is says in the setup screen, then yes, I blame HP.

Ah well, fanboys will be fanboys...

HP Recommended

If you look closley at the connector for the usb you will notice an extra wire. short that to ground. its the last two pins on the long row on the side missing one pin. i just placed a jumper.

Think outside the bun...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.