Question

Highlighted
Top Student
Message 1 of 2 (263 Views)
Accepted Solution

Opening Remote Display on T610 Thin Client

Greetings,

I was hoping to employ a T610 thin client as a remote display for a legacy system but have run into a wall.  Every time the application tries to send a display to the thin client, the display fails to open and the system crashes.

I've replicated the problem in my own terminal window:

>export DISPLAY={IP_ADDRESS_HERE]:0

>nedit

This results in the message : "Cannot Open Display"

I am able to SSH from the T610 to my server and if I forward the X display (ssh -X), I have no problem, so I'm currently thinking that its a port being blocked on the thin client. That being said, I can find no way to unblock the port (6000?) or find a menu item that allows the thin client to accept remote X applications.

Here is the information on my T610:

OS Level: T6X43202

BIOS: K30 V 01.06

Does anyone have a suggestion on what might be blocking the display? I've been through the T610 documentation and have yet to find resolution.

Thanks You.

Accepted Solution

Re: Opening Remote Display on T610 Thin Client

Resolved the issue. The HP layer of initialization scripts for the X server was invoking the '-nolisten tcp' flag.  Removing the flag and rebooting the thin client fixed the problem.

View solution in context
Top Student
Message 2 of 2 (210 Views)

Re: Opening Remote Display on T610 Thin Client

Resolved the issue. The HP layer of initialization scripts for the X server was invoking the '-nolisten tcp' flag.  Removing the flag and rebooting the thin client fixed the problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation