Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I recently supplied a client of mine with a new HP ProOne 600 G1 computer with an upgrade to a Intel 120GB mSATA drive and some additional RAM.

It took me a while to figure out where in the BIOS I could disable UEFI boot in order to utilise the SSD and install Windows 7 (it came factory configured with Win 8.1 Pro), but I'm having this issue that whenever the OS is restarted, the POST screen displays "no option to boot to".

A simple Ctrl+Alt+Del restarts the system and it will boot normally.  But I'm concerned about leaving the client with this problem.

I have the SSD listed as the first boot device in the Legacy boot order and have disabled all unlikely boot devices (USB CF/FDD, Network etc.).  I've also disabled the entire UEFI group from the boot order.

I've also done a BIOS update to the latest (2.23 I think).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Just started having the same issue. I imaged the computer using WDS, ran windows update after image and it booted into this error. 

windows 7 32 bit, same model as OPs. Running lagacy boot with IDE instead of AHCI. It doesn't always happen, but i'm sure i'm going to recieve calls from user more often than I would like about the issue. I have about 20 computers with the same model, same BIOS configuration and this is the only one doing it so far.

It's not to big of a deal for me considering I could put this computer on hold for now rather than hand it out, but I would love to hear a resolution to this issue. 

HP Recommended
Note: I'm using Disk Drive instead of SSD
HP Recommended

hi, did you try to reset your bios?/

HP Recommended

Disable "Fast boot" in the BIOS.

It happens when rebooting from windows 7 and you have no UEFI, or ESP, boot or MSR partition, or GPT partition table, haven't been able to pinpoint the exact cause of this yet.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.