Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

The freerdp link doesnt work. Please send me  another link. Thanks though for your help . I appreciate

HP Recommended

Hi,

Try ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/tcdebian/updates/4.4/service_packs/

This is the back door. Normally the full kits are avaiable via hp.com/support then click Downloads and Drivers, enter your product and follow the links down.

Regards

Andrew S.

HP Recommended

Hello,

I am having the same problemens with my thinpro t510's:

-laggy & hanging rdp sessions

-disconnecting rdp sessions

but can differ some more:

HP T510 ThinPro T6X51007 : RDP Server 2012R2 in LAN = OK

HP T510 ThinPro T6X51007 : RDP Server 2008R2 in WAN via VPN = FAIL

HP T510 WIn 7 Embedded: RDP Server 2012R2 in LAN = OK

HP T510 WIn 7 Embedded: RDP Server 2008R2 in WAN via VPN = OK

As you can see Win7e does NOT have the problems the Thinpro version has, so it's definately not a network issue.

RDP session from Windows 7/8 Notebook to any of these servers is OK also.

I tried the following:

1) installed the latest t510 bios V1.05

2) freerdp update to 1.1.0 hp4 is not applicable, since T6X51007 has a new version already 1.1.0-hp6.17

3) chaning timeoutwarning to 0 does not help

4) changing GPO: Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Remote Desktop Services\Remote Desktop Session Host\Connection\Configure keep-alive connection interval to 999.999

5) installed hotfix KB2647409 as per http://support2.microsoft.com/kb/2647409

why is this problem still not solved??

HP Recommended

Hi,

So "T6X51007" = V5.1, which is a very new version of HP ThinPo. I do suggest raising a case to HP so you can be advised if this is a known issue with the new version. There may be a quick fix. If it is an issue with the new V5.1, HP need to know.

I would suggest maybe trying to install V5.0 which will be available from the HP web site, Support, Drivers and downloads etc.

Regards

Andrew S.

HP Recommended

We are testing a T510 under Thinpro with Windows Server 2003.

In Thinpro 5.0, sessions would disconnect after a couple of minutes of inactivity. 5.1 solves that, however a new bug makes it half-impossible to minimize RDP sessions. After some 30 seconds minimized, a pop-up appears, the RDP session is sent back to the front, and in some cases, the session disconnects. I do not know a solution to the latter issue.

HP Recommended

We are experiencing all of this.

Remote Desktop Session Collection
2012R2 - Updated to latest on all servers

Added license servers to each session host manually.
Tried a number of fixes but none of them seem to work.

Removed Health Monitoring

Changed the Connection warning to 0 and all settings.
Using T510 with ThinPro AND Zero Client 5.1 - latest from HP's website

Optimized the RDS Collection for RDP users using RemoteFX and everything for Windows 7 SP1 and 2008R2 (GPO and timeouts)

Changed the Connection capabilities to just desktop background, font smoothing and themes.

I read the HP ThinPro RDP setup for GPO and local computer policies - I used this as my guide for performance issues.

Issues:
Screens freeze and disconnect.

Audio has a hissing and changes quality randomly

We have the T510 with 2GB RAM and 1GB Flash - latest bios

Is there any updates? We have about 70 thin clients and the cost of upgrading them would be very costly.

HP Recommended

Hi Adthorn,

First comment, you would be better to start a new thread, this one is getting old and your issues/versions etc do not quite fit with the initial product post.

Second comment on your current issue. Have you tried to do a network trace on this network. My first thought for these type of issues is that you have a network issues of some sort. I am especially looking for/expecting to see lost packets.

Wireshark is your friend here but you need to get inline with the network traffic to see all the RDP packets between the server and the client. You will probably need an intelegent switch configured with all traffic being sent to one port. (I dont know what this is called sorry )

Please also try switching off Themes and Font smoothing. for me these two have casued issues caused by a server bug in RDP, causing massive amounts of network traffic from the server.

Regards

Andrew S.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.