Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Hi Bense, always impressive if someone does play around with wires and solders to me. It could have me posses an even cheaper powerfull PC if I could. I do like to get the best out of second hand machines instead of getting the latest ones. So that is something we do have incommon. We also have the XW8600 mobo incommon.

As in the post before this one, I've tried (for no reason i think) to upgrade my LSISAS controller but I failed. I've posted my problem somewhere here in the HP forum. But now it seems the (IBM) firmware is the same but has something hardcoded as to which portnumber to use. In the original FW it was 11 and now it has become 17 and my OS cannot find my controller anymore eventhough it starts up the right way.

In the other post people redirected me to this post to ask you, if you d see a chance to create a backup of the LSISAS controller so that I can use that to reload the original. I cannot seem to find any FW files for it on the HP site.

I hope you can help me (or us).

HP pavilion dv8-1080ed, i7 (8GB)
HP XW8600 / Dual Xeon (16GB)
HP XW4400 / Intel Dualcore (4GB)
HP Recommended

Never, ever in my entire life have I had an account that is more difficult to login to than my HP Passport account. The login prompt asks you for your username.

My HP Passport ID is: ATBense

Yet on here I post as: TheBense

There have been several times when I haven't been able to login to this site, because I get locked out for too many incorrect login attempts. Very frustrating.

When I first joined this forum, it allowed me to attach images. This forum no longer allows me to do that, which is disappointing. 

HP Recommended

Sweet. I just earned the Troubleshooter badge because the original author of a thread on these discussion boards has selected my reply as the accepted solution.

I would like to thank TheBense for accepting my solution lol.

Yes, I'm still around. I receive instant email replies to this thread whenever someone responds. If I don't respond to your questions within a day or so, email me a few days later and remind me that I can re-attempt to login, now that enough time has passed for my account to no longer be locked out. 

I can't recall if I removed my post about where I cross-flashed the onboard LSI raid controller. Or perhaps a moderator did. I forget. There are 3 reasons as to why I wasted my time researching that and getting those 4 ports to work in IT (Initiator Target ) mode. 

• I was dirt broke at the time.
  • I had no job.
  • Girlfriend and I had just split up.

I have the files that I used for that synced on my google drive. PM me if you need them. But I'm telling you, it's not worth it. You're better off spending your energy going for a walk. Also, it will be a more efficient use of your time even from a pure time/money perspective if you just go work 1 day at a minimum wage job so that you can get a real RAID controller lol. 

Okay, enough ranting and complaining from me.

What's up? 

HP Recommended

You need to add one of those Kingston Predator M.2 SSDs in its PCIe adapter to that xw8600......

Welcome back!

HP Recommended
I purchased a Toshiba 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD on eBay in February. I had cross-referenced about 30 part numbers for OEM drives that I had in saved searches on eBay.

It's installed in this:
https://hardforum.com/threads/microatx-x99-mini-workstation-build-riser-cards-galore.1841022/
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.