Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Libeay32.dll is from 14 january 2013, version 0.9.8.24. Wrong version?

libeay.PNG

libeay2.PNG

HP Recommended

Hi Frank - That is exactly the same message I am getting on the two test HP Thin Clients, trying to apply the _Update Agent Template Task.

HP Recommended

It's definitely an issue with LIBEAY32.DLL not being updated for some reason. I've one client that's got updated fine and that one has a much newer version of this DLL:

libeay3.PNG

HP Recommended

Thanks Frank. 

R & D was not able the reproduce the issue. Hopfully they could find something from the screenshot you provided.

I will keep you update whenever there is any progress.

I am an HPI Employee.
My opinions are my own, and do not express those of HPI.
**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**
HP Recommended

Thanks for your detailed information.

From the logs file you provided, I saw that Agent was updated correctly. There might be a write filter issue.

Please execute these commands on the failed device, and provide me the screenshot:

1) ewfmgr c:

2) ewfmgr c: -persist="111"

3) fbwfmgr /displayconfig

I am an HPI Employee.
HP Recommended

I don't think the Agent package in HPDM Repository was broken, but would you mind zip and upload it?

The WES7 Agent package is in <Repository Path>Repository\Agents\HPXPe (By default: C:\Inetpub\Ftproot\HPDM\Repository\Agents\HPXPe). Please compress the folder.

I am an HPI Employee.
HP Recommended

I don't think it's an EWF issue since all clients I tried so far have the issue. Indeed the log reports that the update is succesful, but even then the HPDM Agent service is missing. So it's not succesful after all. Isn't it possible that for some reason LIBEAY32.dll is in use during the update and can't be updated?

Here are the results for the commands you specified:

ewfmg.PNG

HP Recommended

This is the contents of the mention folder. I don't see a way to upload the contents of the folder to this forum.

agent_ver.PNG

HP Recommended

Hi Frank,

A little update from R & 😧

- We do have bug that in specific circumstance, update.exe will report a fake success.

- We're not able to reproduce the Agent service disable issue - library file not replaced

In order to put this case as higher priority, could you please contact the support team in your reagion to submit an impact case?

We can provide some debug version for trouble shooting through that offical channel.

I am an HPI Employee.
**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**
HP Recommended

Hi,

Unfortunately, I'm unable to create a case because we don't have an active support agreement on our thin clients (they are 3 years old).

Frank.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.