Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Z420 & HP Z440
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Where can i find where a workstation is end-of-life.

I only find the warranty status of the HP Z420 & the HP Z440.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

When buying a brand-new HP workstation, it is possible to order an extended initial warranty, for five years instead of the regular three years.

Then, towards the end of the initial warranty period, it is possible to purchase post-warranty care-packs, usually one-year long, and extend them annually.

This way, the burden of decision when to replace your workstation is reduced, and the manufacturer carries responsibility to continue keeping replacement components and hardware.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

This isn't generally something to worry about, however...

Z420:

End of Standard Warranty (EoSW):              2/28/2019

End of Support Life (EoSL):                             2/28/2021

Z440:

End of Standard Warranty (EoSW):              6/30/2021

End of Support Life (EoSL):                             6/30/2023

At these points, it's always a 'Best Effort" for most of these support cases. If we have an over abundance of a spesific piece of hardware, we can use them to fix a system beyond these dates. (Again... if they are available. 🙂 )

Hepe this helps!

I am an HP Employee
Quality Manager - HP VR / Z Desktops
-----
iMaxx” FORMER VOODOO PC / HP LEGACY GAMING SERVICE MANAGER
While I am an HP employee, my comments and suggestions are my own and do not represent HP Inc.
HP Recommended

Thank you for the reply.

The thing is that i want to know when i need to replace the old hardware by a new one.

Recently i have a breakdown from a Z420.

I luckely could buy a refurbished system but like you mentioned befor, as long as the hardware is available.

HP Recommended

When buying a brand-new HP workstation, it is possible to order an extended initial warranty, for five years instead of the regular three years.

Then, towards the end of the initial warranty period, it is possible to purchase post-warranty care-packs, usually one-year long, and extend them annually.

This way, the burden of decision when to replace your workstation is reduced, and the manufacturer carries responsibility to continue keeping replacement components and hardware.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.