Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP 280 G1
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello,

I purchased an HP 280 G1 Desktop.It has a 180 W PSU.

I want to install a GeForce GTX 750Ti Video Card and to add 4GB RAM.

What PSU should I choose?

Corsair VS 350 would fit and would be enough?

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended
According to the quickspecs of your model, There is NVIDIA GeForce 705 1GB DDR3 FH GFX 30W available and it's optional. It only requires 30w so you can keep the stock psu. You can max it to 16GB of Ram with the stock power supply. Sadly with the 750Ti, You have to have at least a 450 Watt PSU. Sorry to burst your bubble. Good luck on your upgrade
HP Recommended

Hello,

Thanks for the answer.

I was also afraid that the PSU might not be a standard one so an aftermarket product would not fit (physically).

The same worries I had for the graphic card.

But the PSU is ATX standard.

So I upgraded my PSU with a Corsair CX 430.

The graphic card (Asus GTX750TI-PH-2GD5) was fitting in the computer case too.

For the moment I have no problem with this configuration.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.