Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended

I have an issue involving an HP 6300 Pro SFF that has been repeatedly and intermittently shutting down, even though several major components have been replaced and the PC has been reimaged.  I am wondering what I have missed and am seeking advice on what to try next.  Through Self-Maintainer and one-at-a-time we have replaced the motherboard, both RAM modules, the hard drive, and the Power Supply.  I have ordered but not yet installed a replacement CPU, even though it tests "Good" through the latest UEFI.   Interesting thing about the UEFI test for the motherboard, System board check states "Device not found", but Passes in the log file.  This result occurred in the original and the replacement motherboard.  I've also remediated in ways that we don't normally have to do, replacing the mouse, keyboard, AC cable, the surge supressor, moved the PC to different locations, tried different AC outlets, putting it on an UPS or not, cleaning the CPU and reapplying thermal paste, reseating the RAM, etc.  We have several thousand of these units in our enterprise and just this Wednesday, we received another call at another site where a 6300 Pro SFF was shutting down unexpectedly on the customer.  We were immediately directed by the OEM distributor on my unit to fix it through the Self Maintainer Process and that's what I've been attempting to do, but in this most recent case, I sent that one back to the OEM distributor for analysis/investigation.  I have not yet had an HP tech come on site or called HP support, but that will be the last step available to us if the CPU replacement also fails.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Mike

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

It was the CPU...

The bad CPU passed 100 iterations successfully.  Beware of hard locks!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

It was the CPU...

The bad CPU passed 100 iterations successfully.  Beware of hard locks!

HP Recommended

Hello, Wondering if your issue has been resolved? We are having a similar problem in a computer lab that we have 37 HP Compaq Pro 6300SFF. I have 17 computers that are randomly shutting down. I am wondering if you have any additional information? Thank you. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.