Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

hello there.

i have HP Compaq 8000 Elite Small Form Factor PC and recently i had update the bios to 1.13 which downloaded at this site: http://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/psi/swdDetails/?lang=en&cc=us&sp4ts....

problem occured when restarting the pc, it will stuck after POST and seems like it does not booting into the hard drive, but it will be ok when i shutdown the system and start again.
this kind of problem it not happening when using the previous bios which was 1.07
i try to revert back the bios but the flasher cannot do that.
is there any newer bios that HP can provide or is there any solution how can i fixed that?

please advise.

thank you and regards

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

HI:

I think you can try to restore your current BIOS to factory default.

If it doesn't work,try to do a Hard Disk Test in BIOS or you can unplug HDD cable from motherboard,and power-on your computer to verify if it's OK!

When stuck in HP LOGO screen,there maybe a HDD error occured,you'd better call HP Call Center or ASC for help.

HP Recommended

how do i restore the current bios to factory default?

already did hard disk test. it is ok.

the problem is when i restart the system, it cannot boot to the hard disk. just a blank screen.

if i turn off, and turn it on, it can boot.

HP Recommended

Did you ever get a chance to figure out the problem? I have the same exact computer with the same exact issue. 

thanks

HP Recommended

Hello,

There is a new BIOS update for this unit in the HP website. Please download and install that to see if the unit restarts okay.

Here is the link to the BIOS. 8000 Elite BIOS

Regards,

Roby

I am an HP Employee. I do not speak for HP.

Regards,
RobY

I am an HP employee... I don't speak for HP.
HP Recommended

Unfortunately the issue still exists even with the new bios update. Now instead of getting stuck at a black screen, the cursor will blink at the top left corner and then it will go in a reboot loop.

HP Recommended

In that case the issue could be with the OS installed on the unit. Run a diagnostics on the HDD to make sure that the HDD is fine. Then you may need to re-image the HDD on the computer.

Regards,
RobY

HP Recommended

I reinstalled the OS multiple times. It's something with the bios as the previous poster mentioned. After forcibly shutting down the computer and starting again it loads Windows fine.

How do I downgrade the bios back to 1.07?

HP Recommended

Usually in these units, there is no way to downgrade a BIOS. The latest version in the website is v1.14 released in 27 Nov 2015. The earliest one in the website is v1.09(1 Apr 2011).

Regards,
RobY

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.