Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

ind a problem running the game Mad Max Game Crach all Time I tray to play or load game crash i dont know why !? 
I doubt the cause of Ram 

i have 2Gb x2  1060    &     4Gb1333 

• OWC 4GB RAM in black DIMM slots 1,0,0; with HP 2GB ECC RAM in white DIMM slots 0,2,4 

All ram when running on the device is working , but I notice something strange
Less than the speed of the machine, "time seemed to run windows or looked Games"
Less speed by half.   And when running 4 GB Ram is not.
  Increase the speed of the machine !!!
Machine speed !!!:catsurprised::robotmad:
Any ideas, my friend

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Memory upgrade: Your OS would be quite happy with 6 or 12GB. 

That would be identical memory modules of 1GB in each slot or 3 4GB modules in three slots.  

See the search I did for memory upgrades at the following link.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=HP%20XW4600%20sli&rct=j#q=HP+z400+memory+upgrade

Your workstation's motherboard does not support overclocking in the BIOS.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Running a mixed capacity configuration as you are, I am not surprised that the machine crashes.

Put memory modules that are exactly the same in the slots. Mixing 2 and 4GB modules is a recipe for disaster.

It is a good thing you weren't building a PC from scratch and overclocking. You would have corrupted your operating system.  

By the way. Adding memory does not increase the speed of the processor.  Overclocking can do that, but in your current configuration that would not be a good plan at all.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Thank you for your interest and to respond to :generic: :generic:

What is the thing that you recommend doing in the development of Ram

It will change ram to make them from the same unit also reported

2 Gg each entrance Ram Is this the best thing either why

>>>>  and how overclocking also reported 

my cpu    is        : 5620  2.4 GHZ

Please tell me I want to Create my device of the best thing possible

HP Recommended

Memory upgrade: Your OS would be quite happy with 6 or 12GB. 

That would be identical memory modules of 1GB in each slot or 3 4GB modules in three slots.  

See the search I did for memory upgrades at the following link.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=HP%20XW4600%20sli&rct=j#q=HP+z400+memory+upgrade

Your workstation's motherboard does not support overclocking in the BIOS.

HP Recommended

>>>  i have 2Gb x2  1060    &     4Gb1333 

>  Mixing 2 and 4GB modules is a recipe for disaster.

I disagree.  Most motherboards have *NO* trouble when "mixing" different-capacity RAM.

Witness some computers that come with either 6GB of RAM (two 2GB with two 1GB) or 10GB (two 4GB and two 1GB) straight from the factory -- "mixed" sizes.

However, I think that mixing 1060-speed RAM with 1333-speed RAM is not optimal.

Your motherboard may pick the "lowest-common-speed", probably 1060, for all the RAM chips.

The 'SPD' chip on the 1333 RAM may specify that the RAM is capable of "underclocking" the RAM.

Google-search for "download free SPECCY".

Download, install, and run SPECCY.

Fully-expand the 'RAM' section, to view the values on those 'SPD' chips.

HP Recommended

I agree with the words of totally 100% 100
When iam   place 2Gb x2 1060 & 4Gb1333
I have no problem with the device when running !!!! :] :robottongue: :smileytongue::smileytongue::smileytongue:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.