Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Z620 Workstation
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi everyone,

Is there anyone resolved the 942-Memory Training error code 3016 on HP Z620 Workstation? The error always prompting when booting the workstation but all memory were detected. When I try to restart the workstation error doesn't prompt. The problem is when booting up the error prompted. Can anyone has idea how to resolve it? I've try isolating memory to other slot but DIMM 3 & 4 always prompting that error.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I suggest that you enter '942 - Memory Training Error' terms in "This Board" - Search field. You will find answers to similar issues encountered during the past 4-5 years, mainly by users of HP Z420, Z620 and Z820 workstations.

HP Recommended

Hi Joselso,

I already follow some of the solutions posted on the other post but then it doesn't work. The error still prompted. We already replaced the system board but then still error prompted. If the DIMM slot was the problem why all 8X4GB was detected in BIOS and in Windows. We come up to replaced the system due to the memory installed  under BIOS the DIMM slot 3 & 4 was not detected.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.