Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
XW6600
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I am using a HP XW6600 as a normal desktop at this current moment in time, everything si great apart from one thing, When I go to boot, I must press F1 to boot due to the errors of not having all the HP fans and stuff likethat. For some reason, it refuses to accept any USB Keyboard, I must use PS/2, this is becoming a big issue as I go to LAN events alot.I ahve tried updating the BIOS many times along with resetting to default and playing around with all the settings, I have tried a PS/2 to USB adapter but no joy, I have no idea what this is, any help would be appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

At the time the unit gives warning on fans, the BIOS hasen't booted fully so the USB portion is not yet available.
The fix is to install the fans that it says are missing so it can POST correctly.

I am an HP Employee
Quality Manager - HP VR / Z Desktops
-----
iMaxx” FORMER VOODOO PC / HP LEGACY GAMING SERVICE MANAGER
While I am an HP employee, my comments and suggestions are my own and do not represent HP Inc.
HP Recommended
My problem is, I don't own any of the fans it requires, it also requires, is there a fix that doesn't require me to buy more fans?
HP Recommended

@M0-B33 wrote:
My problem is, I don't own any of the fans it requires, it also requires, is there a fix that doesn't require me to buy more fans?

I wouldn't think so. The problem is that the errors are halting the system from POSTing. It's a safty feature put into these units. The way to get the errors to stop is to install fans.

The unit is over 10 years old so it isn't something we would look at changing.

Sorry. 😞

I am an HP Employee
Quality Manager - HP VR / Z Desktops
-----
iMaxx” FORMER VOODOO PC / HP LEGACY GAMING SERVICE MANAGER
While I am an HP employee, my comments and suggestions are my own and do not represent HP Inc.
HP Recommended
I completely understand, thank you kindly
Nye price
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.