Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Z600 workstation
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi.. Pl. help me to upgrade my HP Z600 workstation HDD capacity to 6TB of 8 TB. Present HDD is 1TB (ST31000524AS)

barracuda 7200 rpm.

Pl. guide me to upgrade HDD capacity as above... Thanks looking for ur earliest reply...

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi KCSekhar,

SAS Hard Drives
146 GB 15K rpm SAS 3.0 Gb/s 3.5" Hard Drive
300 GB 15K rpm SAS 3.0 Gb/s 3.5" Hard Drive
300 GB 15K rpm SAS 3.0 Gb/s 3.5" Hard Drive

Up to 3 of the following 3.5" SATA and 3.5" 15K SAS drives, or up to 4 of the 2.5" small form factor
(SFF) 10K SATA drives are allowed.
(2.5" SFF drives cannot be mixed with 3.5" drives)

SATA Hard Drives
160 GB 7,200 rpm SATA 3.0 Gb/s with NCQ 3.5" Hard
Drive
250 GB 7,200 rpm SATA 3.0 Gb/s with NCQ 3.5" Hard
Drive
320 GB 7,200 rpm SATA 3.0 Gb/s with NCQ 3.5" Hard
Drive

500 GB 7,200 rpm SATA 3.0 Gb/s with NCQ 3.5" Hard
Drive
1 TB 7,200 rpm SATA 3.0 Gb/s with NCQ 3.5" Hard
Drive
160 GB 10K rpm SATA with NCQ 2.5" Hard Drive
300 GB 10K rpm SATA with NCQ 2.5" Hard Drive

For hard drives, 1 GB = 1 billion bytes; TB = 1 trillion bytes. Actual formatted capacity is less. Up to 12
GB of hard drive (or system disk) is reserved for the system recovery software (XP and XP Pro). Up to 3 GB
of system disk is reserved for system recovery software (Vista).

Hopefully this might help, for futher refrence please find the Office HP document for HP Z600 workstation.

http://frc971.org/files/pdf/HP_Z600_Workstation_QuickSpecs_April_13_2009_E5500_series_cpus_13277_na....

Please keep posted for further queries.

Say "thanks" by clicking the Kudos thumbs up!
Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
I am an HP Employee .
HP Recommended

The max capacity supported is 2tb in one HDD, you only can install 4tb on the two bahias.

Sorry for my english.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.