Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Elitedesk 800 Mini 35W G3
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have a newly imaged Elitedesk 800 Mini 35W G3 desktop with 3 HP Brand display port to DVI adapters attached to 3 viewsonic LCD's and after getting everything hooked up, I was only getting video on 2 of the three displays. I went into the Intel Graphics Properties,  then Display, then Multiple displays, then toggled it to Collage, all 3 screens went blank, then it popped back up with Extended Desktop selected, but then a picture on all 3 screens! I thought my problem was solved however after I reboot, the setting reverts and even though it shows its under "Extended Desktop" still, only 2 of the 3 displays are showing a picture until I toggle back to Collage, then have it refresh and jump back to Extended Desktop.

I am using a fully updated copy of Windows 7 Enterprise and have installed the latest version of the Intel 530 video chipset driver from HP for this specific model of computer.

Please let me know if anyone knows how to solve this issue permanently.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I wanted to post an update that I found the solution. I was using 3 of the same HP Branded Display Port to DVI adapters. I ended up purchasing some Vicsing brand Display Port to VGA adapters and swapped one of the DVI adapters for a VGA adapter. This cleared up the issues and have not had any problems since.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

I wanted to post an update that I found the solution. I was using 3 of the same HP Branded Display Port to DVI adapters. I ended up purchasing some Vicsing brand Display Port to VGA adapters and swapped one of the DVI adapters for a VGA adapter. This cleared up the issues and have not had any problems since.

HP Recommended

Good to know, I've been seeing some issue with straight display port cables and using a display to VGA seemed to help that issue as well.

HP Recommended
This sounds more like what we call in the telecom industry a "work around". I'm having this issue as well on four g3 units I'm trying to use to drive a display wall. I will be contacting HP to see if they have a real fix. If so I'll post.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.