Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
T520
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

i've installed the Windows 10 image on my T520 ThinClient.  Then I used the HP EasyShell configuration to set up the Citrix connections. We have four Citrix Server (A-D) and somehow the EasyShell connection manager is always making a mess. I have the order Citrix A, Citrix B, Citrix C and Citrix D. Then I save the configuration and close the EasyShell. When I now reopen the EasyShell, the order of the connections is always Citrix C, Citrix D, Citrix A, Citrix B. 

Is it possible to change it? I've tried several thing like numbers from 1-4 at the beginning, but that didn't work.

The connections are working fine, but I would prefer to have them in the right order.

Kind regards

Niko

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I've solved it.

I just needed to change some of the setting in the registry.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

I've solved it.

I just needed to change some of the setting in the registry.

HP Recommended

Hi, i am having the same problem with EasyShell. Can you tell me what exactly you changed? I was looking at registry, but anything like OrderPointer wasnť there.  (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\HP\HP Easy Shell\connections\RDP) Thank You

HP Recommended

Hey, on Tuesday I'm again at our customer with the ThinClients. Then I might be able to help you.

HP Recommended

Ok, thank you. 

HP Recommended

hi, any progress please? thank you

HP Recommended

hey, I don't have a complete instruction, but maybe this will help you.

We are using citrix so I've created citrix connections. In the registry there is a folder for citrix connections and there are other folders for the other connections.

Somehow these connections are linked to another folder (a little bit below the citrix, rdp,... folders) which is named "Groups". I have the Citrix connections "Citrix A, Citrix B, Citrix C and Citrix D" and there is a folder for each one of them in the citrix folder and also in the Groups folder. I hope you are able to follow me up to here.

I started to change the names of the folders and hoped that this will affect somehow the order of the connections. At first I changed both "Citrix A" folders (The one in the citrix folder and in the one in the groups folder) to "CitrixA". Then I changed "Citrix B" to "CitrixB" and checked, if B is below A, that was the case. Then I did the same with "Citrix C". And the new "CitrixC" was also below B. At the end I changed "Citrix D" to CitrixD". But "CitrixD" was at the top before "CitrixA".

So I changed "CitrixD" to "XCitrixD" (because X is behind C(itrix) in the alphabet) and checked again. Now "XCitrixD" was the last one. Then I changed "XCitrixD" back to "CitrixD" and it was still at the bottom.

I have no idea how this exactly works. But after I got the right order I enabled the write filter and captured the image. Up to now it is like this on every single client.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further questions I'll try to help you.

HP Recommended

Hi, thank you for your reply. I have already tried that, but it was not working for me 😞 I will suggest HP developers to fix this in next version because it is really annoying for admins. 

HP Recommended

I'm sorry to hear that. If you find another solution let me know.

HP Recommended

I have called to HP support in my country and sent an email to HP Skyes support. Will inform you about the results. Anyway thank you!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.