Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Z240 Tower
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

It appears that newly shipping Z240 Tower workstations DO NOT have an internal USB header anymore?  The System Board Overview graphic in the Maintenance & Service Guide (Oct 2015) shows #7 as a USB 2.0 internal header.  However, the location where the header should be on the system board is actually a 1x6 pin header (P150) listed as "MEDIA".  The other USB 2.0 Header, #5, is taken up as the front USB cable.

So is there an updated manual that shows what is actually on the system board?  The Z240 Tower QuickSpec is dated March 2016, so I'm hoping there is a newer manual out there somewhere.  

Any idea what the P150 MEDIA header is for?  Is this for the old media card readers?  I have the optional SD card reader, but that is attached to #8 which is the internal USB 3.0 header.

Any way to attach deveices that need an internal USB 2.0 header?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I guess I'll reply to myself in case anyone else stumbles across this issue looking for help.  It appears the 6 pin media connector is just a USB header with only one USB port and a couple of extra pins.  I attached the lower half or the USB internal connector (the side with the 5 pins) to the first 5 pins of the 6 pine "Media" header on the Z240 system board.  Pin 1 on the cable connector to pin 1 on the system board.

This appears to work so far.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.