Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
z620 Workstation
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I see that the latest BIOS for the z620 Workstation is V3.85. My current BIOS is J61 version 3.50. I found the downloads for Windows except Windows 10. Is there one?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The BIOS loads before the OS... the latest BIOS is the same for all.

Best to update BIOS from within BIOS.... how to do that is explained in the forum here.  You can search that out if you wish... unpack the SP, get the .bin file from the SWSetup folder in the DOS folder on root C, and put that on the top level of a USB thumb drive.  Cold boot with that in place, navigate into BIOS first tab and you'll see the option to update BIOS from the thumb drive.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

The BIOS loads before the OS... the latest BIOS is the same for all.

Best to update BIOS from within BIOS.... how to do that is explained in the forum here.  You can search that out if you wish... unpack the SP, get the .bin file from the SWSetup folder in the DOS folder on root C, and put that on the top level of a USB thumb drive.  Cold boot with that in place, navigate into BIOS first tab and you'll see the option to update BIOS from the thumb drive.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.