Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 3 (209 Views)

keyboard mouse not working when windows 7 installation time

Product Name: HP 400 G3
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi,

yesterday i bought HP 400 G3 DESKTOP PC.  I tried to install  windows 7 64bit on my new pc HP 400 G3, but there is problem, keyboard and mouse didn't work in windows image during the installation time, but it's working keyboard mouse in bios setup and starting time when pressing f10, f2. can anybody help me what is reason of this? i checked each and every usb port, but still same problem.

thanks,

Student
Message 2 of 3 (39 Views)

Re: keyboard mouse not working when windows 7 installation time

Hi

I am having the exact same problem. Were you able to find a solution?

PhD Student
PhD Student
Message 3 of 3 (24 Views)

Re: keyboard mouse not working when windows 7 installation time

[ Edited ]

When I'm loading an OS I only use PS2 mouse and keyboard.

BIOS is actually a primative OS and it appears to have sufficient drivers to let your USB keyboard and mouse work while the BIOS "OS" is in charge.  Those drivers don't carry forward, however, to the next step.

When you are loading W7Pro you are running off a limited set of drivers on the bootable part of the DVD, before the fuller install of the drivers for the OS drive (both the ones that will be used based on what the installer sees and ones that are archived for possible later use) are loaded.  Whatever chipset you might have for USB functionality on that workstation appears to not have drivers for the initial boot OS from the DVD (which get added to by the install process, or afterwards by yourself from whatever source works).  Think of this as 4 layers of drivers..... BIOS, CD Boot, W7OS after full load from DVD, and finally after you have done added fine tuning.

Ergo, my choice to always build up using PS2 mouse and keyboard.......

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation