Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

For HP Prime calculator in RPN mode, is there a way to enter an algebraic expression?  For example, on HP 50G you use the Tick button, "'" to start the expression and then continue as algebraic.  Should I just switch to CAS to do that?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Entering algebraic expressions on the HP Prime is done the same way as on the HP 50g: just put tick marks around the expression.  On the HP Prime, the tick mark is a shifted key: [Shift] [ ( ) ].

Hope that helps!

-Joe-

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Entering algebraic expressions on the HP Prime is done the same way as on the HP 50g: just put tick marks around the expression.  On the HP Prime, the tick mark is a shifted key: [Shift] [ ( ) ].

Hope that helps!

-Joe-
HP Recommended

Yes, thank you.  It does work!  It is confusing because the user manual does not seem to explain RPN mode much.  But I see it works.   

HP Recommended
Thanks to you both because that answered exactly what i needed to know. I just purchased a Prime and it greatly differs
From what i'm use to on the hp50. On the hp50 i can handle larger sized numbers and not have to go into scientific notation and see only 12 significant digits. How is that on the
Prime?
HP Recommended

@garyjack wrote:
On the hp50 i can handle larger sized numbers and not have to go into scientific notation and see only 12 significant digits. How is that on the Prime?

CAS mode on the HP Prime is roughly equivalent to exact mode on the HP 50g.  If you want "exact integers" (more than 12 digits long) on the 50g, you must be in exact mode, and if you want them on the Prime, you must be in CAS mode.  Unfortunately, Prime's CAS mode does not currently support RPN entry, only Textbook and Algebraic entry.

Disclaimer: I don't work for HP; I'm just another happy HP calculator user.

-Joe-
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.