Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Personal:

I have two problems so far at HP Prime: the first is programmatically. So far I have not received a solution to the problem of using more than 12 external variables in program, easily held by HP 50 g. If anyone has a simple program that uses more than 12 external variables and can make it, I thank you in advance.

The second problem is that now the machine turns off when I touch the key Apps.  I reset the machine, restart playing simultaneously On keys and Symb and the problem continues.

I await help. 

Thank You

David

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

Hi! Davidro:

For Reset the HP PRIME, use one point of clip and put in the orífice in the back of calculator, to the Bottom and sound clic. Then press ON key. 

HP Recommended

Hello Miguel.

I've done this several times, however, when touching the key Apps she hangs up.  I left it plugged in for more than 1:0 in the source, I called, repeat the procedures and nothing!  

Don't have a command to format the entire machine?  

Thank You

David

HP Recommended

Hi!, Davidro:

You can try, with ... http://www.educalc.net/2336439.page

HP Recommended

The program catalog RUN and DEBUG buttons have 2 important limitations currently. The input box created assumes the input must be real values. This means that you can't give it a list or similar. Seocondly, it will only put up boxes for 10 inputs. Calling the function directly on the home screen or in another program will work just fine as you expect.

Have you tried resetting the unit and HOLDING down the BKSP key the entire time? This will prevent loading any items into memory. Then shut the calculator off and it will resave the calc data. If this fails and the problem still continues, formatting the drive is the only way to resolve it as there is probably a corrupted file on your drive.

TW

Although I work for the HP calculator group as a head developer of the HP Prime, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
HP Recommended

Tim,

Good night:

Thank you for the information. I'll try to get my programs this way, however, I will continue to use the "old" HP 50 g.

As regards the problem of the machine turn on Apps, has already been solved: I had to format the memory.

Thank You

David

HP Recommended

David,

I have the same problem (Apps button restarts calculator), but I can't figure how to "format the memory" to solve the problem. Any hints?

Aasmund

HP Recommended

Hold down ON-APPS (both together). Your unit will reboot. Immedaiately after pressing those two, hold down the 3 keys with the alpha 'C' 'F' 'O' (template key, x^y key, and comma key), and you will be in a "diagnostic" menu. Press 4 for the FLS utility, then 3 for "Format", ENTER. ESC to exit, then 9 to reset.

I've been trying to identify what might be causing this problem for people, but have been unable to reproduce it. Do you happen to remember what you were doing or working on before this problem started?

TW

Although I work for the HP calculator group as a head developer of the HP Prime, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
HP Recommended

Hi!, Aasmund:

Welcome, to Forum!.

1) Turn off, the HP PRIME.

2) Press C, F and O key and hold down, the three keys. With the other hand, press ON and Apps key.

3) You must see, the EA656 DIAGNOSTIC.

4) Press 4.FLS Utility.

1.Boot&Bios CheckSum

2.N-Flash INFO

3.Format Disc C

DSC03369.JPG

If needed, check all options, after each option, press the Enter key.

If only use the option 3.Format Disc C, touch in this option and black highlighted appear. Now, press ENTER key and wait few seconds. Then you must see ...

FORMAT DISC C ...

DISK FORMATTED COMPLETED

Now, you must see ...

3.Format Disk C ......... OK

HP Recommended

Thank you; this was just what I needed. It solved the problem.

I have other places seen " Hold C F O on a boot after reset", but it didn't say "boot with On-Symb". Your description was much clearer. Thanks again!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.