Question
Honor Student
Message 1 of 6 (1,007 Views)

Microsoft account

I just joined this board, so I apologize if this question has already been answered.

With my HP ipaq 210, whenever I tap Internet Explorer, I am required to enter info for a "Microsoft Account". I neither have nor want one of these, but will get one if necessary to go online with the ipaq.

What is it, how do I get one, and is it really necessary?

Thanks all.

Top Student
Message 2 of 6 (980 Views)

Re: Microsoft account

You do not need a Microsoft account to go online, though I am not too sure what you are seeing here.

Please could you upload a csreen shot? Thanks.

Highlighted
Honor Student
Message 3 of 6 (968 Views)

Laura,

Thanks for your response.

I'll post a screen shot shortly.

Thanks again.

Top Student
Message 4 of 6 (765 Views)

Is WiFi on and are you connected to a WiFi network?
Top Student
Message 5 of 6 (125 Views)

[ Edited ]

this was the same query i had xcept i have a HP225G2 NotebookPC but the response/replies  seems to have petered out 

i would like to not to have to log into my MS account until after  i can see my desktop and access Chrome /Word etc 

can you advise ?

aslo how do you spellcheck here ?

Master's Graduate
Message 6 of 6 (116 Views)

Hi!, jackmcg21:

You can connect your HP iPAQ210, with the world. See the next instruction ...

The iPAQ 210 gives you a number of ways to stay connected. The 802.11b/g WiFi support provides a high-speed pipe to your network, with WPA and WPA2 implemented to keep you secure. The 802.11b support also gives you the flexibility for Internet cafes and airport WiFi. Tanker Bob effortlessly connected to his network with WPA-PSK in just minutes after opening the HP's box. HP also includes their own simple-to-use WiFi utility and Today plug-in.

For shorter distances of up to 10 meters, Bluetooth 2.0 with Enhanced Data Rate (EDR) fits the bill. The Broadcom 1.8 stack supports the File Transfer, Information Exchange, Serial Port, Personal Network Server, Audio Gateway, and PIM Synchronization protocols. Pairing with my Kubuntu Linux desktop provided no challenges, and file exchanges back and forth performed well.

The iPAQ includes a mini-USB 2.0 connector that can also be used to both charge and synchronize the device. Generally, though, the 24-pin connector will be used for desktop synchronization while charging as USB charging is rather slow. ActiveSync 4.5 comes on the installation CD. MobileTechReview frowns on the language that I'd use to describe ActiveSync (or ActiveStink) 4.5, so I'll just say that it was the worst part of my initial 210 experience. If you are “upgrading” from AS 3.8 or earlier, do yourself a favor and download/install AS 4.2 first, then update 4.2 to 4.5. After all these years, ActiveSync is still the slowest and more frustrating thing that you'll ever do with your PDA. Under Windows Vista, you'll use Windows Mobile Device Center instead of ActiveSync.

Note: I'm not work, in HP. I'm Oil&Gas and Material's Engineer; also, Technical Advisor, of Calculators and others, HP devices.
- Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos, in Thumbs up !, for the post that helped you.

Best Regards. Maké.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation