Honor Student
Message 1 of 2 (367 Views)

iPAQ Pocket PC: Reboot after Driver Update problems

I decided today to update my Drivers - ROM etc - on my iPAQ and was baffled by it not responding after the update, I had put it in the cradle to re-activate the battery. I soft reset it and with no result I then Hard reset it - also no result. I removed the battery and tried a soft reset, with still no result, and all the while putting it in the cradle to re-set the battery. All the time the iPaq would not connect with the computer active sync. I don't know what to do, can someone please help

Message 2 of 2 (330 Views)

Re: iPAQ Pocket PC: Reboot after Driver Update problems

The OS on the iPAQ is corrupted.  Since the iPAQ can no longer obtain a successful connection with the computer so that ActiveSync recognizes it, there may not be any way to restore the iPAQ to working order.

This happened a lot when people attempted to update their iPAQs from a Windows 7 or Vista computer.  If you still have access to a Windows XP computer, go install ActiveSync to it and see if the iPAQ can make a successful connection to the computer so the computer and ActiveSync recognizes it as a window mobile device.  If it does, then you can try installing the update again from the XP computer.

Prof Julie | Microsoft MVP Windows Phone Consumer
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation