Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Hi,all!!!
HP have updated the HP 39gii firmware...
Link for download:www.hpmuseum.org/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/hpmuseum/forum.cgi?read=256930#256930 Credits to Mic of MoHPC forum.
17 REPLIES 17
HP Recommended

EDIT: the post on MoHPC referred to above has moved to the archives, updated link:

http://www.hpmuseum.org/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/hpmuseum/archv021.cgi?read=256930#256930

Hi,

OK, I am seriously dissapointed that this is not available on an official HP website.

I used the built-in updater for the emulator and that updated successfully. Unfortunately the Connectivity Kit returned "No update is available at this time".

So from the 3rd party website (MoHPC) I had to go to what seems to be someone's private website to download the updated Connectivity Kit. Uninstalled the old Connectivity Kit (I'm not sure if this is necessary but I did it out of "best practice") and installed the new one. The calculator then updated successfully.

Calculator is now at Ver: 30/Oct/2013  Rev: 19148

Having to download the firmware in such an obscure way is not acceptable.

Also there is no record of what the changes are.

So I test my own gripes:

The CASE statement in a program did not work. This has not been fixed.

Calculator hangs indefinitely when attempting to integrate Cos(1/X) from 0 to 1.This has not been fixed.

Calculator hangs indefinitely when using SUB on a list.This has not been fixed.

Calculator hangs indefinitely when using EDITLIST on a LOCAL declared list in a program. This has not been fixed.

Calculator hangs indefinitely when using EDITMAT on a LOCAL declared matrix in a program. This has not been fixed.

Also the following is observed:

Pressing ON-F1 together starts the "Clearing Memory" process. In the manual it is stated as requiring THREE simultaneous keys pressed, ON-F1-F6. (If ON-F1-F6 is pressed, the process is started too, but merely due to the ON-F1 sequence and F6 has no influence).

So, from my point of view, this update adds no value.

Kind regards,

BartDB

-Bart

Help, please! Where can I download any firmware, because my HP-39GII stoped operate normally despite all?

HP Recommended

Hi,

The 39Gii is updated using the Connectivity Kit on a Winsdows PC.

The direct link for the latest Connectivity Kit (that I'm aware of):

http://mic.nic.free.fr/hp/HP_Connectivity_Kit_nov13.zip

Once you have installed the connectivity software connect the calculator, let the updater run and update the calculator.

The connectivity software has a pdf help file (help -> HP connectivity kit help) that will guide you to exchanging data between the PC and calculator.

Note: if you have problems downloading the connectivity kit, please message me on this forum's message system and I will try to send it to you.

Hope this helps

EDIT:

Things to try when the 39Gii becomes unresposive:

1. Try the reset procedure (ON+F3)

2. Take all  the batteries out and re-insert them

3. Hold down the backspace key when switching on (keep holding the Backspace key down until the HP logo has gone).

-Bart

Thanks, Bart!

I have done all You say, replacing an old version dated 05.2011 to one dated 10.2013. I`ve got firm CD with Connectivity Kit, but without Firmware Updater, so I took Your reference. Unfortunately, my device found to be faulty even after "Format & Update". All data and settings (not flash ROM) is lost after turning power OFF as it was before. Manufacturing defect. 

HP Recommended

My HP-39GII started to function normally!

Yesterday I made a mistake when using Firmware Updater, now did everything right. Some bugs are fixed compared to the first version, such as: using square brackets in the matrices within program text no longer causes a hangup; we got direct access with the first letter to a command in catalog; "comma" in Home Mode settings does not cause "syntax error" message when checking debugged program in Edit Mode.

Thanks Bart for timely help! 

HP Recommended

I've installed this latest  HP 39gII connectivity kit on my PC, but it appears to be blind for the calculator.

When I connect the HP 39gii, the PC makes its USB-connection sound, but the Connectivity Kit does not take any notice.

I've tried any variation of connection sequence: Plugin first - Connectivity kit next, vice versa.

I've tried resetting the calculator with ON+F1+F6

I've also tried to manually update the firmware using the Firmware Updater, but again no connection seems to be made.

Calculator details: Rev 17818

PC-details: Win8.1/64 bit

Is there some USB-driver that I'm missing and if so, where can I download this?

HP Recommended

Hi!, s_paternotte:

Can you try again, with ... http://www.educalc.net/2336121.page  ... ?

Kind Regards !.
Have a nice day !.
@Maké (Technical Advisor Premium - HP Program Top Contributor).
Provost in HP Spanish Public Forum ... https://h30467.www3.hp.com/
HP Recommended

Not mentioned earlier, but I had also tried those with the same effect. No apparent connection.

Prompted by your suggestion, I decided to try everything out on the notebook, rather than the desktop PC.

Unfortunately, it's all the same.

USB-connection 'ding-dong', but the Connectivity Kit (CK) doesn't see the calculator.

At some point the CK decided that somehow it'd seen a device in need of a firmware upgrade and suggested that I'd start the Firmware Updater (FU) from the Start Menu.

Unfortunately, the FU crashes upon start.

Stephan

HP Recommended

Hi!, s_paternotte:

Try again, with ... http://www.educalc.net/2336477.page

Kind Regards !.
Have a nice day !.
@Maké (Technical Advisor Premium - HP Program Top Contributor).
Provost in HP Spanish Public Forum ... https://h30467.www3.hp.com/
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.