Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Prime Calculator

L(x) results are not simple explicit to write in plot app function F(x).  Have manually copies x and L(x) in Statistics 2VAR using columns c0 and c1 and that works, but I want to do Automatic plot, not manual plot step.

thank you

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello, @flir – Greetings!

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!  It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. 

Let me start by saying that HP Prime calculator is not my area of expertise. But I will do my best to find you a solution 🙂

First off, Is this a Prime virtual calculator or a graphing calculator? Do let me know!

I could find a user manual for the HP prime. Please go through and see if it contributes to solving your issue:

HP Prime Graphing calculator: http://hp.care/2lBbWY9 

HP Prime virtual calculator: http://hp.care/2lBmNkV 

Let me know if that helps. Thank you & Good luck!

Cheers 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Just define your symbolic plot in stat view to use those lists. You can also define functions as well. It isn't just for column names.

Stat2var->Symb view

C1

C1+LOG(L0)

F1(C1)

Are all valid definitions for you stat data in the plotter. I suspect you can probably use your list and functions directly!

TW

Although I work for the HP calculator group as a head developer of the HP Prime, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
HP Recommended

Have not been able to accomplish Subject. Have received suggestions. Have plottedf "x  and L1(x)" with manual copying of lists in Stat2 App but I want to do this automatically without manual copying of data.

Thank You, FLIR

HP Recommended

You have not provided enough information to allow anyone to help you more then "just a guess" on what you are trying to accomplish. Please post an example of your data/function/lists and it will be more likely you will receive help. Right now, I just have to guess that you have a function such as X^2 in your F1, a list containing some numbers, and you want to graph L1(X) vs F1(X) or something like that. Please provide your function and data you are attempting to plot.

Have you defined directly in your stat2var SYMB like I recommended? You don't need to copy data and can directly use functions to provide your data there.

Note - I am the one who wrote all the code in the stat2var app so it will be highly likely I can help once you provide more information.

TW

Although I work for the HP calculator group as a head developer of the HP Prime, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.