Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Prime

There is a template in the HP Prime that is made for functions that have a domain to be specified.  The template is the one that consists of a box upper left and another box lower right separated by a vertical bar.   Could someone who knows give an example of the syntax to use in entering the function (upper left) and the domain (lower right)? 

thanks.

4219saomiguel

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello,

Here is an example

template.png

Cyrille

I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

@4219saomiguel wrote:

There is a template in the HP Prime that is made for functions that have a domain to be specified.  The template is the one that consists of a box upper left and another box lower right separated by a vertical bar.   Could someone who knows give an example of the syntax to use in entering the function (upper left) and the domain (lower right)? 

thanks.

4219saomiguel

That is not true.

The template is the 5th one in the first row and not the third one, and Cyrille gave an example.

HP Recommended

OK.  The answer that Cyrille gave now makes sense to me.  I was thinking that the template 3rd from left on the top row was the one that delt with specifying a limited range of the variable in a function.  I would still like to know what that template is used for, though.  Would appreciate clarification on that point.  The user manual for the hp prime doesn't say much about that particular tool.

Obrigado,

4219saomiguel

HP Recommended

I agree with you that the Help is unclear on this point, and I did not understand it a long time myself.

Nevertheles it can be found in the catalog:

Choose: Toolbox – Catlg – and the command finds itself just below ztrans, indicated by a vertical bar.

Its official name is Where function, and it is a substitution command.

Probably the example given in the Help will be clear.

It resembles very much the subst command, but there are some slight differences.

Here is some more information:

http://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-2421.html

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.