Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I lost or misplaced my manual and would like to change the decimal point from one to five. How do I do this??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

press the yellow "f" key and then the number 7 for "fix".  then press the number 5 for the decimal places.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hi,

Unfortunately I cannot help you with a manual. To change the decimal point press "f" followed by "FIX" (above "7") followed by "5" (or any number from 0 to 9 depending on the number of digits desired. Similar for SCI and ENG modes).

By the way, there is a more active forum for current HP calculators here:

HP community calculator forum

Also an active forum for users and collectors of older HP calculators:

HP calculator museum forum (part of: hp museum.org)

Hope this helps

Bart

-Bart

Dear BartdB,

as a novice according to the hp 11c I need the help of an expert: I worked through the owner's handbook thankfully downloadable from HP-Company (http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c00503576.pdf). Obviously a successor, the HP Solutions Handbook, was available in 1985, but it seems to be invisible in the www except some e...-auctions and a cd-version (www.hpmuseum.org). Are you familiar with this solution handbook and do you consider it as a must have for the engaged user? Is there a download from HP that I was unable to find? I like the calculator very much and hope to find inspiration in that solutions handbook but maybe it is only a collection of well known concept like simpson's rule, matrix inversion and so on.

Sincerely yours

Sergej

HP Recommended

Sergej

I have an original HP-11C Owner's Handbook and Problem Solving Guide, May 1984.

Excellent Condition.

It does include specific methods for running lengthy programs like Matrix inversion (pg 210-211).

I would say the manual gives specific use tips that help in how to get more calculating power with limited memory.

Anyway....asking $15 plus postage.

HP Recommended

By any chance do you still have that manual for the HP 11C.  If you, I would love to have it.

Thank you,

Richard

HP Recommended

Hi all,

The 11C manual is currently available on the HP website:

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c00503576.pdf

Regards

Bart

-Bart

press the yellow "f" key and then the number 7 for "fix".  then press the number 5 for the decimal places.

HP Recommended

Hi,

The decimal point has changed from a decimal point to a comma and I don't know how to change this back to a decimal point. Can you help me?

Thanks, Keith

HP Recommended

Hi,

Switch the calculator off, then press and hold the decimal "." key and simultaneously switch the calculator on.

Regards.

-Bart

Thank you very much for your last helpful comment on turning the comma back to a decimal. However, the RAD sign is appearing. How can I get rid of this? Also, is there a user manual anywhere I can download?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.