Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

How do I unpack, but not install, SoftPaqs?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You can unpack a SoftPaq by running it with a few command line switches.  To do this, open a Windows command box and refer to the following information:

Unpacking a SoftPaq file

Sp#####.exe –pdf –f<path> -s

Where

SP####.exe is the Softpaq to unpack.

-pdf is a run time switch that overrides the build parameters.

-f<Path> is a run time switch that overrides the default path set at build time.

-s instructs the package to unpack in silent mode skipping the welcome, license and directory screens.

EXAMPLE:

At the command box prompt (with Administrator rights to prevent access issues) go to the directory where the SoftPaq is and type the following:

sp59909.exe -pdf -fC:\SWSetup\sp59909 -s

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

You can unpack a SoftPaq by running it with a few command line switches.  To do this, open a Windows command box and refer to the following information:

Unpacking a SoftPaq file

Sp#####.exe –pdf –f<path> -s

Where

SP####.exe is the Softpaq to unpack.

-pdf is a run time switch that overrides the build parameters.

-f<Path> is a run time switch that overrides the default path set at build time.

-s instructs the package to unpack in silent mode skipping the welcome, license and directory screens.

EXAMPLE:

At the command box prompt (with Administrator rights to prevent access issues) go to the directory where the SoftPaq is and type the following:

sp59909.exe -pdf -fC:\SWSetup\sp59909 -s

HP Recommended

Hello,

I've downloaded the Windows 10 x64 softpaqs availalbe here:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/caps-softpaq/cmit/HP_Driverpack_Matrix_x64.html

but when I attempt extraction on each one using the instructions mentioned above nothing happens.  I added the -e argument to get a better idea of what's happening and then I receive an error stating the package is corrupt.  I've downloaded the packages a few times, but each time I attempt extraction I receive the same error.

Ultimately I'd really prefer to download these using the SDM, but for some reason there are no Windows 10 x64 softpaqs showing up in there even with the latest catalog.  Is there a special way to make them visible?

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Update:  The softpaqs still will not extract, but I did figure out the issue with the SDM.  In Tools -> Configuration Options -> Filter -> OS there are a handful of different options available for Windows 10.  The only one that SDM was able to find softpaqs for was "Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit"  Using this specific OS entry as the filter I was able to find all the softpaqs I needed for all of my standard HP models.  The other Windows 10 options produced nothing.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.