Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
MT41
Other

Hi Everyone,

I have a fleet of HP MT41 thin client laptops that I am trying to push installations to using HP Device Manager. I have device manager confirgured and have installed Tight VNC, Removed icons/shortcuts, Added icons/shortcuts, and changed some settings, but I am unable to install CiscoAnyConnect. 

This is my Template Sequence:

1. Write Filter settings in sequence (Set to Disable)

2. Change Temp to C in sequence (Changes the registry to change the Z drive to the C drive)

3. CiscoAnyConnect (Deploys 4 files, see below, and runs a script)

4. Change temp to Z in sequence (Changes the registry to change the C drive back to the Z drive)

5. Write filter settings in sequence (Enable EWF)

The 4 files that are deployed include the script seen below, the msi installer, and 2 configuration files that are deployed into place.

msiexec /i  "C:\Temp\CiscoAnyConnect.msi" /qn /log C:\Temp\HPDM.log

the msi installer and script are deployed into the C:\Temp folder.

The error on the log 

MSI (s) (80:CC) [16:59:23:466]: Product: Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client -- Error 2203. Database: C:\Windows\Installer\7b78.ipi. Cannot open database file. System error -2147287037.

Error 2203. Database: C:\Windows\Installer\7b78.ipi. Cannot open database file. System error -2147287037.
Action ended 16:59:23: InstallInitialize. Return value 3.
Action ended 16:59:23: INSTALL. Return value 3.

When I log in after it restarts twice and look in the folders all of the files are there, in fact I can click and run the cmd file and CiscoAnyConnect installs silently and without an issue. I am wondering if it is a permissions issue, but I set permissions to everyone and SYSTEM with full access to both of these folders.

C:\Windows\installer

C:\Temp

Is there a folder I am missing?

I have tried a few other things I have found on the internet, but with no avail. Has anyone else encountered this issue with HP Device Manager before. 

Also, I was able to get it to install on 3 MT41's of 4, but when I tried installing it on 8 fresh computers, it failed, even individually.

Thank you for any responses!

JD

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I have no idea what the issue is, but the solution that worked for me was changing the script from:

msiexec /i "C:\Temp\CiscoAnyConnect.msi" /qn /log "C:\Temp\HPDM.log"

to 

msiexec /i "C:\Temp\CiscoAnyConnect.msi" /qr /log "C:\Temp\HPDM.log"

Maybe the MSI was not designed to be run on silent on Windows 7 embedded or perhaps there is some other error, but the goal was to get it to work without me going to each computer, and although this briefly shows the installation, it works.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I have no idea what the issue is, but the solution that worked for me was changing the script from:

msiexec /i "C:\Temp\CiscoAnyConnect.msi" /qn /log "C:\Temp\HPDM.log"

to 

msiexec /i "C:\Temp\CiscoAnyConnect.msi" /qr /log "C:\Temp\HPDM.log"

Maybe the MSI was not designed to be run on silent on Windows 7 embedded or perhaps there is some other error, but the goal was to get it to work without me going to each computer, and although this briefly shows the installation, it works.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.