Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Color LaserJet CM 2320fxi
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Recently I downloaded HP Print and Scan doctor, but now it pop-ups everytime I log in to my computer. This is very annoying. How can I get rid of this programm. I've deleted it from te download folder en also deleted the programfolder and the shortcut aswell. Please help? Thank you very much.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I see you are unable to scan / install with the HP Officejet Pro 8600 onto your Windows 8.1 computer, I would like to offer a hand.I would like you to run the HP Printer Install Wizard on the computer to acquire the software, it will download and start the install for you.As for removing the PSDr from your computer, you should be able to just drag the icon to your trash can (on the desktop). From my knowledge and use the PSDr does not install on the computer, it will extract temporary files each time the icon is opened.If you would like to delete the temporary files, you can press the Windows and R buttons on the keyboard (from the desktop) and it will open the Run box. Type %temp% and hit Enter, look for the 7z folders and delete them (you can delete all files and folders from here, if you would like).I read about the computer troubles you are having and cannot remove the Print and Scan Dr. My own suggestion would be to try a Clean Boot, and then after the computer restarts, access your Control Panel and uninstall the tool.

1. Look for, and open the folder starting with 7z (Example: 7zS2356)
  2. Open folder Util
  3. Open folder CCC
  4. If you have an HP computer run the L3uninstall.exe. If you have a non-HP computer run the L4uninstall.exe
  5. When the uninstall has completed restart the computer
  6. Follow these steps to reset the registry settings and options for Windows Installer.
  7. Click  Start, and then click Run.
  8. In the  Open box, type msiexec /unreg, and then click OK.
  9. Click Start, and then click   Run.
  10. In the Open  box, type msiexec /regserver, and then click OK
  11. Run Disk cleanup from Accessories\ System Tools
  12. Download and install the latest version of Adobe flash Now we can restart the computer
  13. Download and install the software here > HP Drivers & Downloads

I hope this has helped.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I see you are unable to scan / install with the HP Officejet Pro 8600 onto your Windows 8.1 computer, I would like to offer a hand.I would like you to run the HP Printer Install Wizard on the computer to acquire the software, it will download and start the install for you.As for removing the PSDr from your computer, you should be able to just drag the icon to your trash can (on the desktop). From my knowledge and use the PSDr does not install on the computer, it will extract temporary files each time the icon is opened.If you would like to delete the temporary files, you can press the Windows and R buttons on the keyboard (from the desktop) and it will open the Run box. Type %temp% and hit Enter, look for the 7z folders and delete them (you can delete all files and folders from here, if you would like).I read about the computer troubles you are having and cannot remove the Print and Scan Dr. My own suggestion would be to try a Clean Boot, and then after the computer restarts, access your Control Panel and uninstall the tool.

1. Look for, and open the folder starting with 7z (Example: 7zS2356)
  2. Open folder Util
  3. Open folder CCC
  4. If you have an HP computer run the L3uninstall.exe. If you have a non-HP computer run the L4uninstall.exe
  5. When the uninstall has completed restart the computer
  6. Follow these steps to reset the registry settings and options for Windows Installer.
  7. Click  Start, and then click Run.
  8. In the  Open box, type msiexec /unreg, and then click OK.
  9. Click Start, and then click   Run.
  10. In the Open  box, type msiexec /regserver, and then click OK
  11. Run Disk cleanup from Accessories\ System Tools
  12. Download and install the latest version of Adobe flash Now we can restart the computer
  13. Download and install the software here > HP Drivers & Downloads

I hope this has helped.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.