Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello,

we have problem with HP Driverpack for EliteBook 820 / 840 /... G1 --> SP66432

I use this Driverpack for installation via SCCM 2012 R2. Everything gets installed fine execpt the Audio Driver (IDT High Definition Audio CODEC) After the installation of a new EliteBook 820 or 840 with Win7x64 via SCCM the Audio device is listes corretly in Devicemanager, but Audio doesn't work. (so it says "IDT High Definition Audio CODEC" in Device Manager but Audio doesn't work, no sound)

In the Original HP Driverpack the Verion 6.10.6491.0 of IDT High Definition Audio is included.

I now allrey have replaced this with the current Version 6.10.6499.0 and tested again. No success during SCCM installation, all other devices get installed without any Problems.

Also If I uninstall the device in DeviceManager and then manually sepcify the INF file of the IDT High Defi...driver it also doesn't work.

Only way currently is to manually run the setup.exe installer of the Audio driver, then Audio works without Problems.  But thats no real solution for a automated installation, and the driver is included in the Original HP driverpack, so I expect that it is possible to install the Audio device via INF and not only via setup.exe installer.

Anyone experience the same Issue.

Please Help.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Found some people having the same issue --> /t5/HP-PC-Client-Management/Audio-Drivers-not-working/td-p/6641976#.VPRtUOEb9_R

This is a very old Post @HP Technical Support still no Solution?

HP Recommended

I have the same problem with the HP ProBook 640 G1.... everything but the IDT High Def driver get's installed. I am deploying images via MDT, similar to SCCM. The device shows as installed in the device manager but the audio is disabled and says no audo device is installed.

I have tried all of the following - and failed

1. installing the driver as an application with the silent switch "setup.exe /S"

2. use a batch file to copy both the application folder to the c: and another batch that runs the "setup.exe /S" to the "all user startup" after a reboot. This way the driver should get installed automatically after a reboot.

3. use a batch file to copy the driver folder to "C:\Windows\INF". This is the default location windows looks for drivers on the system. after a reboot windows should self install (nothing happens).

What did work

1. adding the driver package to the applications and installed as an application. THIS WILL NOT WORK WITH THE SILENT SWITCH. The command gets executed but with the silent switch nothing happens. This has to be a manual installation.

2. manually running "setup.exe /S" from the command prompt works flawlessly, but having to do this manually defeats the point.

My guess is that maybe the driver in this pack has not been signed by the vendor - meaning it's installation cannot be automated. I suppose you could get the tools and sign the driver yourself or set windows to ignore driver signatures... but I didn't go that far.

Manuall installation or silent installation executed manually from the command-line are the only options that work. repackaging drivers is not such a good idea and this issue does not seem to be big enough for HP to deal with.

HP Recommended

I was having this same issue with the Elitebook 840... I ended up disabling the IDT drivers in SCCM and just letting windows use a compatable driver that it could find. This generic driver works with PC speakers, headphones, and line out on dock as far as I have tested. Hope this helps. I realize this thread is old and you have probably already found a fix.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.