Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavillion beats audio
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I work as a part-time IT Admin for a small Not for Profit charity. They have a mish-mash of hardware. I am trying to install Office 365 (trial) on the Laptops. Done it successfully on a Lenovo laptop and all works fine. I loaded 365 (office 2016, Win 8.1) on our HP Pavillion "beats audio" Laptop and although it installed OK, some of the display things don't seem to work as I would expect.

For example, if I want to highlight text to copy and paste it, it does not highlight the selected text, making it pretty awkward to see what you have copied. Also, in 'Print Layout' mode, I don't see any "white space" around the document nor do header or footers show (unless I go to Print Preview).

I myself use a Toshiba Satellite laptop, so am not really familiar with the "beats audio" machine, but I am aware the screen is obviously smaller.

Anyway, has anyone else seen this? Is there a setting I should be setting (sorry about that double use of words)? The actual Word App itself works OK apart from the peculiarities of the display and since other members of the Charity will be using it I need it to look and feel correct (they are not very Tech literate - I could work around it, pain though it is, but I think others may struggle).

Clutching at straws really, so if anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello, @Ajay63 – Hope you are well 🙂

Welcome to the HP Forum! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips.

Going through your post, I understand that you are getting some issues while using the MS Office 365. Try these steps first to try and fix the issue:

1. Reinstall the MS Office 365 – Most likely, this could be an issue with the Office package itself. Uninstall the package and reinstall the MS Office for a possible resolution.
  2. Check the computer resolution – Try changing / checking the PC screen resolution. This could make the MS Word appear better
  3. Check and update the graphic drivers – I would also advise you to update the graphic drivers. You can either go to Device manager, right-click on the graphic drivers and perform an update or go http://hp.care/2c8OOOl and update the drivers by entering the product details. Also, perform a Windows update.

If the issue persists, kindly attach a screen shot of the issue in reply so that we can understand it better. Also, does this happen while using a different application? Try WordPad or Acrobat Reader.

Let me know if that helps!

Good luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

I will try those things tomorrow (only work part-time) but I can never quite understand the logic of re-installing Office.  If it didn't work first time, not sure why it would second time around.

I'll try your other recommendations as well and let you know what results I get.

Thanks for your support and help.

Andy

HP Recommended

Hello, @Ajay63

Thanks for your update!

The reason I asked to reinstall is because it is possible that the Office package might be corrupted in some ways. Reinstalling the software will help us eliminate this. Hope you understand 🙂

Also, please try other recommendations and reply with the results!

Goodluck, I'll watch for your reply 🙂

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.