Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Learn how to improve your PC 's performance on June 1st from 3:30 -4:30 pm PDT. We'll have a team of experts available to answer your questions. 

When it comes to performance, your PC is similar to your car. Both need to be cared for to keep them running run well. But unlike your car, you don’t need to bring your PC into a shop for a tune up. You can easily do it yourself if you know the right steps to take.  Our experts will answer your questions and provide tips on how to make your PC run better.  Topics that may be covered in this real-time chat event include the following:

• How to customize your PC to increase performance; 
  • How to prolong your notebook’s battery life;
  • How to choose the right video card, power supply, or add the right amount of memory; or
  • How to use the tools built into your PC that can make it run better and fix common problems. 

While you can attend this real-time chat event without signing up in advance, you must be a member of the HP Support Forums to ask questions. Signing up is easy and only takes a few moments, plus it will allow you to post questions or give answers on the Forums.

And it is all free!

So, come and learn how to get the most out of your PC. Please be sure to come on time as space is limited!

**To learn about upcoming HP Expert Day events, click here**

Message Edited by timhsu on 05-12-2009 05:33 PM
I worked for HP.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
Here is the transcript of the chat event on improving PC performance. 

Please note that I have altered the transcript so that follow up questions are included in the logical order.

I am in the process of planning the next chat event. I would love to hear what topics would interest you, what day of the week and time is best for you, and if you think an hour is too long.

So, if you get a minute, please let me know.
I worked for HP.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended
Here is some information about the team of experts ready to answer your questions on June 1st. All are active members of this community.

Bryan_N began tinkering with computers in the early 80s with the Atari 400. He’s been at HP for almost 10 years and is focused on notebooks and Wireless Wide Area Networks (WWAN.)

RasterBlaster, aka Randy, also began his fascination with computers 30 years ago when he spent $550 for an Atari 400. He has been addicted to desktop computers ever since and has worked at HP for 16 years.

Mister Do, aka Kevin, has worked for HP for 11 years. He’s a desktop guy and has been ripping PCs apart to see how they work and get better performance out of them for more than 20 years.

Sanchertx, aka Ralph, is another 20 year PC veteran. He has worked at HP for 15 years and focuses on improving notebook and network performance.

Huffer, aka Steve, is an attorney by day and an avid PC enthusiast by night. Although Steve does not work for HP, he is an avid member of the Support Forums. His forte is troubleshooting hardware and software issues, and he uses Linux as a personal operating system instead of Windows. 
Message Edited by SiobhanF-HP on 06-01-2009 10:20 AM
I worked for HP.
HP Recommended
Here is the transcript of the chat event on improving PC performance. 

Please note that I have altered the transcript so that follow up questions are included in the logical order.

I am in the process of planning the next chat event. I would love to hear what topics would interest you, what day of the week and time is best for you, and if you think an hour is too long.

So, if you get a minute, please let me know.
I worked for HP.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.