Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Protect Your Purchase

Although we would all like to say that we treat our PCs and printers the way we should, it’s a fact of life that accidents happen.  And for many us with uber-digital lifestyles, having a personal computer that’s on the fritz simply isn’t an option.  It's the same reason you buy a warranty on a refrigerator or an oven: You don't want to be without that product for one minute.

With an HP extended warranty, whether you drop your laptop, spill coffee on your keyboard or leave your printer out in the rain, you’re covered. You will always enjoy the convenience of 24/7 assistance from an HP technician. And rest assured your product will be up and running quickly.

You can purchase this plan during the HP standard warranty period. Buy your plan at the same time you purchase your HP product to get the most coverage and value. Because accidents are unavoidable, and the costs associated with them can really add up.

HP also provides peace of mind and protection from physical damage to notebook PCs through its one-, two-, three- or four-year Accidental Damage Protection extended service plans. These plans offer protection from common damages caused by drops, spills and electrical surges.

And for those of you who simply can’t afford any downtime, With an HP Care Pack Next Business Day Exchange Service, you don’t have to worry should the unexpected happen. Simply call HP Total Care before 2:30 pm Central time. If the HP technician isn’t able to solve the problem over the phone, they’ll send a replacement part or qualifying HP product by the next business day.  You’ll be up and running without missing a beat. 

Another thing to consider: If you don't want to or don't have the means to take something in for repair, HP Care Pack House Call Service can even send help right to your door to perform repairs on the spot.  This way the technician comes to you instead of you hauling the device into a store or repair shop. This might cost a bit more, but it might make sense if you live a long way from the place that does the repairs.

So next time you’re considering purchasing a warranty, remember that it is difficult to put a price tag on peace of mind.  With HP’s award winning customer support and service warranties, you can be sure that your personal computing is working for you- and not the other way around. 

I'm interested in hearing about your thoughts on HP's extended warranty. Many of the consumer magazines warn against them as it really doesn't help in the purchase of an oven or other consumer store items. However, many people here on the forums have talked about how good the extended warranty can be for computers. Love to hear your views. Remember, no ranting. I'll have to delete or edit individual posts if the topic to go far off topic.

I worked for HP.
4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Garen -

I know for me the availability of extended warranties made the difference in deciding to purchase.  I carefully read all the customer reviews on my new printer before buying.  While I was surprised that HP had the fortitude to allow negative reviews to be posted, a couple of them gave me cause for concern.  In particular 2 reviews that mentioned printer failure just past the end of warranty got my attention.  The option to extend the warranty 1, 2, or 3 more years was vital in allaying my concerns and moving ahead to purchase.

That being said, some of the available options are essentially concealed, at least for my new printer.  I've posted a message about that here:  http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Other-HP-Consumer-Products-and/Additional-extended-warranties-available...

- Randy

HP Recommended

I purchased an extended warranty for my pavilion laptop.  It turned out to be a good investment.  I dropped my laptop off the bed and the USB receiver jammed into the USB shot and cracked the bottom case.  Even with pliers I couldn't get the receiver out. 

In home service means you have to ship the computer...from home.  They overnight send you a shipping kit.  I shipped the computer on Tuesday and got it back on Friday....That was fast.

HP Recommended

I had bought a store warranty (per not wanting to deal with mailing it in then)>.. for 3 years.

Per working as  HP rep in stores. I had tried to have them renew it despite being 2 days late.

As expected they would not renew it... but though the error was mine in not renewing, I doubt I will buy

from that store since the renewal potential is not there..    I found out that even though they say its renewable it wouldnt

have been anyway even if i had been in time.

Question:, is it possible for me to get a HP warranty (extended)? 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.