Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have 2 computers up and running Windows 7 at my house. Both my work computer as well as the primary "play" machine are both on 7. That leaves 3 computer still running XP. I never did move anything over to Vista as I was aware that I would need to just move them back to XP if I did. HP Win7.jpg

So far, Win7 has been a breath of fresh air. The number of updates has been enough to keep me up to date. Also, I keep learning about new things that I can do to make it a bit better. 

While watching the 7 second videos over at Microsoft's Window 7 site, I found a new one today that I thought I'd share, and also encourage all of you to go over and view the videos and poke around.

I often have lots of different windows open on the screen and it starts to get pretty cluttered. All I have to do is take just one of them, shake the window, and it becomes the only one on my screen. All the rest of the windows have been minimized. Very Cool.

Check out their site. Well Done.

Till Next Time,

GarenT 

I worked for HP.
7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi,

i also running to use win7, but my senior recomend me to do not turn on the automatic update, because he said that if the window is not original my laptop will get problem.

so is it good recomendation for my PC?

HP Recommended

I think what you are asking if that if you have an illegal copy of Windows7 installed that you should not run Windows Update as it will mess things up. 

I think that better advice would be to simply get a legal copy of Windows7. 

I worked for HP.
HP Recommended

How do I keep several windows "open" on Windows 7?  I use IE and when I minimize an open window, like I used to do on XP which maintained the various open windows on the screen bottom, it and only it seems to be maintained in the IE icon on the screen bottom so I don't seem to be able to maintain other open tabs.  When I click on the IE icon, only the one active open window is revealed.

HP Recommended

I'm still figuring out how to use all the Windows options as well. Have you seen what happens when you do "Windows Button + Tab" combo. I just discovered that last night. 

I do have a good video by ZDNet that I've found helpful. See what you think and let me know. 

I worked for HP.
HP Recommended

To see all of the minimized IE windows, move your mouse pointer to the IE icon on the taskbar. A popup will show the title of all of the windows, allowing to choose one or more to open full screen. I love that new feature, keeps the taskbar tidy while giving a cool new option.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

i am also running windows7. i see that it is faster than vista but i still like  old windows. however the application of windows7 is very inteligent and beautiful.

http://www.softwareoutsourcing.biz
HP Recommended

Call me old fashioned, bet I don't see much point to end users from all latest Windows versions. XP was the last one I waited for and good one too. They say that Vista and W7 are faster and better, but to mee it looks the other way, they need more RAM and beter CPU to run normally.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.