Message 1 of 2 (211 Views)

DesignJet 4000PS 79-04 - Only when network cable is plugged in

Hey all, Thanks for helping in advance.

I have 3 of these plotters in my building and I have just upgraded to the latest firmware to try to resolve witout any luck. It started where we would lose the static settings and they would revert to DHCP. Well, I disabled that scope on the server so they are keeping their IP now.  Now if I boot them up with the network cable plugged in I will get the 79-04 error. If I leave the cable unplugged it will boot just fine but the minute I plug it in, it will error. This is happe ning to all 3 machines... I have cleared the printers off the print server and recreated without any luck as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Master's Graduate
Message 2 of 2 (207 Views)

Re: DesignJet 4000PS 79-04 - Only when network cable is plugged in

I have had similar problems with a Z3200 in regards to the printer looking for communication from the server via DHCP and not getting it due to the server changing the port it communicated through. I hooked up a laptop to the printer via a crossover cable and it worked just fine. The problem was a server issue. I am not sure how you have your server setup for printers, but if you can connect via a laptop or desktop computer and can ping that IP address then you have an issue with how your server is communicating with it.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation