06-17-2014 12:51 PM
I had a Designer Jet 500 come in today with a 02:10 error and a severe error 0X402000C; task : tmech file : Pewcntrl.c
on line 79. I was wondering if anybody had seen this in the past? According to the gentleman there was a possilbe lightening strike on the building where it was plugged in (and of course no surge protection) so I am leaning towards the main control board, but, I figure it's better to see if anybody else had any ideas before I just started throwing parts at it.
06-17-2014 01:23 PM
This is what the service manual states and a good starting point.
System Error: 02:10
Carriage failure. The possible cause could be:
1. The Carriage PCA is not compatible with the rest of the Printer.
2. The Carriage ASIC has problems initializing.
3. The +2.5V reference voltage generated in the Carriage PCA is
out of range.
4. One of the Carriage ASIC’s cannot be found within the Serial
Bus that connects the Electronics Module to the Carriage.
5. One of the Carriage ASIC’s did not respond to the Serial Bus that
connects the Electronics Module to the Carriage Assembly.
Corrective Action: Replace the Carriage Assembly ⇒ Page 8-78.
- HP Designjet Printers Supported in OS X v10.11 El Capitan, OS X v10.10 Yosemite, OS X v10.9 Mavericks, OS X v10.8 Mountain Lion, and OS X v10.7 Lion
- HP Designjet T120 and T520 ePrinter Series - Connect a computer to the printer by network (Windows)
- HP Designjet T2300, T3500, and T2500 eMFP Printer Series - Create a Scan-to-Network Folder
- HP Designjet T-Series Printers - System Error 86:01 and System Error 42:10
- HP Designjet Z6100 Printer Series - Order ink supplies