after new tube install black no longer printed AT ALL

syringe primed the black

then changed the black printhead even though it had been working fine

now black is printing but no longer laying down a solid pattern -

getting line sensor errors during scan axis - 0020 & 4003

service station errors - 5010 & 6011

accuracy error - 3110

and continuous system error  0c0032 00000004

Has anyone seen this behavior before? Any advises welcome I am fried.............signed Sad in Texas..........

Hey DaveZ are you still on this forum any longer???????

Professor
Message 2 of 28 (941 Views)

Re: Designjet 5500 - my latest nightmare

I am still here. Only suggestion I can give is to replace the black printhead again. If the head you put in is under warranty return it for replacement. I have seen a lot of bad black printheads for both the 1000 and 5000 series plotters lately. Most of new out of the box and under warranty.
Intern
Message 3 of 28 (924 Views)

Dave,

THANK THE GODS you are still around!

Thanks for your reply. Do you think the black printhead is causing all these error codes?

In a real spot here.

The black printhead that was in there was working fine prior to me doing the maintenance.

Printer and all heads were functioning fine, there were no error codes occuring at all before the belt change.

Getting all these crazy line sensor error codes/service station errors and the one overall system error now.

When I changed out the tubes the setup head in the black position was not recognizing initially. (foreboding clue!)

Took the setup up head in another position and swapped them around and that problem went away.

After ink setup and print head re-insertion, yellow & black started asking for recovery & would not print on calibration.

Yellow came back after several calibrations but black would not come back until I did a syringe air removal.

Both the original and the new kprintheads are printing uneven broken line patterns. (similar in nature).

Can't help but think I did something wrong or something happened during the tube system replacement/startup.

Question..........Could it be the new tube system is faulty allowing air in?

Intern
Message 4 of 28 (909 Views)

Trying to follow a link I found where someone else was dealing with this system error issue that is connected to my problem.

On this forum previously, several years ago, someone named Sa'ad posted a link to a thread in the HP forum that apprently has been moved or deleted. I would like to retrieve and or read this older thread.

Does anyone know what the revised path or method would be to find older HP forum posts?

The original link path was "http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=29638"

Master's Graduate
Message 5 of 28 (891 Views)

>someone named Sa'ad posted a link to a thread

Most likely:

/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/211442

What's the URL of that topic?

Basically all of those old URLs are now dead.  All you know is that the data at the other end is still there so you can try using google to search for it.

Intern
Message 6 of 28 (882 Views)

Dennis..........Thank you for your input VERY MUCH.......I will take a look at the link you posted. Google will not work..........already tried it.........just brings up the threads that led me to the initial conversation in the first place. Strange too.........you would think that the thread id would find it, so obviously HP took the pages down. Dumb if you ask me........all those years of research and good information thrown away? Makes no sense..........

Master's Graduate
Message 7 of 28 (842 Views)

>you would think that the thread id would find it, so obviously HP took the pages down

No, they copied them from the previous technology to Lithum and there is no connection.

>all those years of research and good information thrown away?

It isn't thrown away, just the "indexing".  :-)
There were a lot of complaints about this:

/t5/Community-Feedback-Suggestions/Find-topics-referred-by-old-links/m-p/5414039

Intern
Message 8 of 28 (826 Views)

David......question.....Is there an unrefutable way to check/distinguish a used/refurbished carriage assembly from a BRAND NEW one?

Professor
Message 9 of 28 (814 Views)

Generally not. Most times a refurbished one will have some ink residue on the bottom which is hard to remove unless they actually disassemble the old carriage to remove the electronic parts and soak the rest to remove the excess ink that gets on the bottom.
Top Student
Message 10 of 28 (658 Views)

Im haveing a lot of the same problems, plotter wont calibrate, keep getting error,  0c0040 0000013e  message, any one know what that means? Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation