Question

Intern
Message 1 of 2 (316 Views)
Accepted Solution

Would a DesignJet 1055CM c6075a work OK with Mac OS 10.7 (Lion) or higher 10.8?

Would a DesignJet 1055CM (A Model, c6075a) work OK with Mac OS 10.7 (Lion) or higher 10.8?  I don't have a Mac; I'm asking for a potential buyer of my 1055CM. The 1055CM presently has 96MB RAM; I could put 128MB in.

Would I get "out of memory" problems?  I'm thinking that maybe there is no "process in computer" option in the Mac OS 10.7 driver for the 1055CM, but I'm not 100% on that.

I guess it depends on how simple the drawings are. The application is for printing large about say 24" x 24" vinyl stickers on vinyl roll.  Well, maybe that brings up another question: Would a 1055CM print on vinyl OK?; I assume so since they seem to be of very similar architecture/configuration as a 5000 or 5500, and these print OK on vinyl.

Thanks a heap.

Paul

Accepted Solution

Re: Would a DesignJet 1055CM c6075a work OK with Mac OS 10.7 (Lion) or higher 10.8?

Hi Paul

i would not suggest a 1055 for vinyl work. there are a few suppliers who can supply a vinyl fot this printer but it is not too succesful.

Firstly the 1050 ink will not last long, it will fade fade very quickly. (you can use a liuid laminate but the time consumed doing this will not be worht it.

Secondly the 5000 series printers have a different ink, ie UV ink and Dye ink. Both inks are specialized for "poster" or "vinyl" printing.

Your best bet is to look for a HP designjet with Viera Ink, with the correct paper they can have intermediate out door use.

Else a second hand Z series (Z2100's going quite cheap,  even comes in a cheaper A1) these printers have pigmented ink that have a longer out door life.

View solution in context
Highlighted
Intern
Message 2 of 2 (234 Views)

Re: Would a DesignJet 1055CM c6075a work OK with Mac OS 10.7 (Lion) or higher 10.8?

Hi Paul

i would not suggest a 1055 for vinyl work. there are a few suppliers who can supply a vinyl fot this printer but it is not too succesful.

Firstly the 1050 ink will not last long, it will fade fade very quickly. (you can use a liuid laminate but the time consumed doing this will not be worht it.

Secondly the 5000 series printers have a different ink, ie UV ink and Dye ink. Both inks are specialized for "poster" or "vinyl" printing.

Your best bet is to look for a HP designjet with Viera Ink, with the correct paper they can have intermediate out door use.

Else a second hand Z series (Z2100's going quite cheap,  even comes in a cheaper A1) these printers have pigmented ink that have a longer out door life.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation