Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP DesignJet Z6800
Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks

Hi Guys, 

LG cartridge runs empty, I proceed to replace it but the new cartridge apperar to be defective. I tried with 3 diferent LG cartridges and the problm continue.

After several tries an error 24:10 appears in the front screen. 

Your assistance is highly appreaciate. 

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Not sure on this model but earlier models like the Z6200 sometimes required you to recover from a broken bag error in order to continue.  Below is the routine for that model which may or may not work on yours.  Make sure no ink leaked from the previous bad cardtridge and if it did you need to clean it up real good and hopefully there is no air in the tubes from the broken bag.

Recover broken bag
The purpose of this procedure is to return the printer to normal ready status after a broken bag has been
detected in one of the Ink Cartridges.
A badly broken bag will stop the printer from functioning and will need to be fixed and cleared of the
error before the printer can continue printing normally. If ink leaks from the broken bag and leaves the
confines of the ink cartridge, it could damage various parts of the printer.
1. Clean any ink out of the air tubes: see Clean air tubes on page 91.
2. Replace the Ink Cartridge that has the broken bag with a new Ink Cartridge.
3. Select Recover broken bag from the Ink Delivery System Test menu.
4. The front panel asks you to confirm that the air tubes are clean (contain no ink).
5. The front panel asks whether you want to remove the broken bag condition.
6. If you confirm, the printer checks all the Ink Cartridges for a broken bag and displays a message
if any are found.
7. When the procedure is complete, the printer shuts down.

HP Recommended

I'm having Z6200 error code 24:10.

After Cleaning all ink out of the air tubes & Replaceing the Ink Cartridge that has the broken bag with a new Ink Cartridge

the error still exist.

Please what should I do again?

HP Recommended

Did you perform the actions in the test menu that I posted? That is the first thing you need to do.

HP Recommended

Not able to get ready.

imidiadtly After booting the error apears.

HP Recommended
Hi,
   After initializing, It displays X24.10 and under is Restart the printer, if problem persist, call HP support.
Can someone assist me?
HP Recommended
Hi Gidman,

David mentioned on step 3 to do the broken bag recovery. This is done from the Diagnostic Menu not the main menu.

Also. Since the air tubes were contaminated with air. If ink reached the APS it might be damage and you will need to replace it

Mike

Best regards

Mike G

I'm an HP Inc employee. But my response is not in behalf of HP Inc
HP Recommended

Hi Mike,

I'm unable to enter Diagnostic Menu. (down+cancel+power)

HP Recommended

Hold the Up arrow key and the OK key down and switch the printer ON using the front power switch. Wait until you hear one beep (usually after 5 seconds) before releasing ALL three keys.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I've entered.  Thank you very much.

The problem now is when I sellect broken bag recovery, it displays initializing for hours without any changes.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.